Saturday, May 5

Wasted days and wasted nights

Wow, today was a total waste... and it was WONDERFUL!

I literally did NOTHING today. I was not feeling hung over from last night, just tired, and deserving of a break. So (and here's some irony for ya!) I lollygagged in bed all day watching a marathon of "The biggest loser"

I did do one thing, I guess. I made a grocery list. Haha. So that tomorrow I can go to the grocery store. And do the mountain of laundry. And the dishes. And sweep. And mop. And all the other housecleaning stuff that has been back-burnered for too long.

So that's all. Not much to talk about when I did nothing more exciting than eat Lay's potato chips dipped in guacamole for lunch. (again, watching The Biggest Loser... how ironic)

Now I'm just waiting for JP to get online so we can talk for a bit before he starts his day (Sunday). I got an email from the military families group here, talking about reintegration. It's really coming up. It's almost over. How sad is it that having him home will feel weird. Having him here will take some getting used to. But I am looking forward to getting used to that. I want that normal life back. I'd be thrilled to get back to normal. Hell, at this point a "rut" sounds just about perfect. But I know from the Bosnia deployment that at first, it will be difficult, getting him used to how things are around here, and then comes the fun part... the "newlywed" feeling. Certainly no ruts in that stage of reintegration!

Time to make sure kids are settled in for the night and get the girls out one last time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im sure it will be really different to have JP home. A good different. Do you think either of you have changed much? I hope you keep your blog even after he gets home.