Tuesday, May 8

The Power of Pain

Well, I guess I'll stick with the pain plan.
Sunday I spent the late afternoon doing the softball thing.
Monday I grabbed my iPod and went for a 2 mile walk.
Today I push-mowed the entire front and side yards.
I hurt.
Alot.
But there's 4 pounds LESS of me to be in pain.

And actually, today (supposed to be the death pain day) is not terrible. Yes, I do have some pain, but I CAN walk without a limp, and I CAN move my arms over my head.

So I guess I have reached a turning point. I found out that I will not die by participating in physical activity. So I guess that each day I will partake in some form of it. If not softball games or practice, then mowing, or taking the girls for a good long walk.

I have to do something, this is just getting out of hand, and my husband is a great looking guy and I don't think he deserves to have people wonder what that hunk is doing with this cow.

Ok, enough of that. So I got some good news today. I found out that I qualified for Pell Grants for school next year! Just over $2000 PER SEMESTER. Yeah, that's money that I don't have to pay back!! So thanks to JP's deployment, our AGI is low enough to qualify me for Grants instead of loans!

Oh, and happy anniversary to us. Fourteen years ago, I married my Prince Charming. Back then, I never thought we would turn out like this. I mean, I knew we were in it for the long haul, and I knew I would always love him. But what I didn't figure on was the being apart for so long. I didn't plan on having to be without him for so long. I never would have imagined that I was strong enough, that our marriage was strong enough to survive this. I have learned so much about JP, about myself and about the strength and love that we share. I am not a religious person AT ALL, but looking at the past 16 years of my life, I know that I am truly blessed by having this man in my life.
I love you honey. I miss you so much it hurts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Kiddos!!!!

Good for you on the exercise, it always makes me feel better.

Jan Ross said...

I hope he gets to come home soon!!

Steff said...

Okay...tag completed! Now get your hiney over there and read my stuff. :)