Friday, May 11

Since you been gone


You know, the song by the Cars.


Sitting here listening to my iPod. That song came on. Got me thinking of everything that has changed and happened SINCE YOU BEEN GONE.


I got braces

I quit my job

I went to college

I went to Miami with mom and Steven

I can fix a dishwasher

I can use power tools to build stuff

We got rid of the old minivan

You got a truck

Alex got a built in desk and shelf in his room
Alex killed a deer.
Alex goes to dances and kisses girls
Alex showers every morning (that's gonna take some scheduling work when you get back)
Alex wears Tag body spray (like a guy, not a kid... freaks me out, too)
Emma is a GOOD hockey player
Emma scores goals
Emma has a green thumb, she has a live plant in her room (and it's been there since September, STILL ALIVE!)
Eric doesn't have tempter tantrums anymore
Eric saves his money like a little miser
Eric works in the summer at the toy store
Eric doesn't clean his room like a little trooper anymore
Eric loves the Vikings and wants to play football
Comet is bigger than Hailey, by ALOT
I put rubber mats, looks like cement slabs in the back yard to keep pup paws out of the mud
Our fence is shit, 3rd time is a charm, I'm calling someone to replace it!
The kids' favorite summertime activity is playing with the sandbox, NOT the PlayStation.
I am the pitcher on the softball team
Alex likes to hang out with me, he talks to me about stuff in his life.
Tiny is still fat (so no worries about big changes there!)
Eric is a reader, he is a great reader.
I can drive in Fargo without fear now, and find just about anything
We have frogs in our bathroom... Alex and I redecorated
The kids have a bike rack outside for their bikes, so I won't run them over anymore
That's all I can think of around here, now how about around town...
Menard's is here
KFC is moving, the old one being torn down for the highway moving. The new one is out by Menard's.
They put up a stop light north of the hwy 59 & hwy 10 intersection, by the lumber place.
The realignment project is supposed to be done by fall... it's going to be a horrible summer driving here
That resort on the lake is done and it is so nice, Steve and Mark stay there when they come. We are definitely staying there when you get home!


And through all the changes (not so much the city, but here at home) every time something happens, I think of you, and how you will react. I hope that it won't be too hard for you to adjust being back here. I hope it won't be too stressful on the kids, settling back into a life where they have a Dad. I hope you and I can get back to what we had, while keeping a bit of what we've gained from being apart. I hope.


Now I have to go shower and get ready, Mom and I are running to Fargo this afternoon. It's starting to rain, and it's not as warm as it's been. I also have to run to the post office before we head out.

You'll be home in just over 2 months. Last time I got excited about you coming home, the military screwed me over, so I'm trying to hold back. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice and I get a gun... ya know?


I love you babe. Always and all ways.





No comments: