Friday, May 18

Liars.... man, I HATE being lied to!


Yesterday I asked the kids to do stuff, working on getting ready for leaving this weekend.


I asked Alex to clean the litter box, and TAKE THE SHITTY LITTER OUTSIDE to the garbage can... so the smell of cat pee goes out with it.


I asked Emma to move laundry, take the load out of the dryer, put the wet clothes INTO the dryer and start another load.


I asked Eric to take both downstairs garbages outside to the can, including the empty laundry detergent tubs.


I asked them all if they had done these things. They all said "Yes, Mom". They all lied to me.

I'm used to my kids lying to me, kids lie on occasion, I know that. But I have never had all three lie to me at the same time. They were not conspiring, they were not working together to get out of chores. Individually, they each lied to me when I asked them. Wow, as a person, I am pissed, as a Mom, I am disappointed.


So I found out about the three liars this morning after they left for school. So I spent the day devising a plan. A plan of revenge. Nobody lies to me and gets away with it.


When they came home, there were lists on the table. (Yeah, lists, I am a list maker, it's what I do) The first one listed their lies. The second list gave them a "All three liars to-do list" which included mowing the lawn...front, side and back. Also on that list was cleaning out the Kia. They were to all do these things, and do them together.


They each had an individual list as well. The things they lied about? No, not on their lists. I spent the day cleaning most of the house, and did the things they lied about. No, their new lists were special chores... special punishment chores.


Alex: Clean the downstairs bathroom (It's pretty much HIS bathroom, nobody else really uses it, except in emergencies) and fold all of his laundry that I spent the day washing and drying.


Emma: Clean the upstairs bathroom. Now, both bathroom jobs included scrubbing the toilets, wiping everything down, sweeping and mopping. Not just a quick clean-up. She also had to fold and put away all her laundry.


Eric: vacuum every carpeted room in the house, and the stairs. Now, in order to vacuum, he had to clean those rooms enough to see the carpet. Plus the folding and putting away of his laundry.


They got hit with this news as soon as the last kid got home, around 4:15. They just finished everything up at 9 pm. Kept them busy, and got a bunch of stuff done.


We are leaving tomorrow at 7 am. I have alot done, but there is still much to do. I have to make my bed, and finish getting the kids packed. But at least the van is clean and the lawn looks good! It actually turned out nice that they lied to me. I was able to punish them and teach them to do as I ask or they will end up doing as I say. I was able to get a lot of help getting things done around here. I was able to get other things done today instead of mowing and bathroom cleaning.


There's a huge thunder/lightening/rain storm moving in tonight. I can look out the bedroom window to the West and see the sky light up every few seconds. It's not raining here yet, but it will be soon.
EDIT/UPDATE: Then I watched the news, and they were talking about hail. We have a one car garage. We have two vehicles. One is a 2005 Kia Sedona, my baby. The other is JP's truck, a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500. This is how much I love him... I put HIS TRUCK in the garage. I did park the van down the driveway a bit, under the two trees that line the driveway. I'm hoping the tree will protect the van from anything too bad. Love you honey, love your truck!


2 comments:

Steff said...

Very clever! I discovered very early on that lying to my parents...especially my mom would end very badly for me. Unfortunately I tested that theory many times until I stopped. Sounds like it was productive though. You got a clean house and manicured lawn and the kids got a lesson. Sounds like a good deal to me!

Hope you didn't have any hail damage on your baby. Enjoy the trip!

Anonymous said...

Oh you're such a good mom. I'm really glad you didn't let the rascals get away with it. Bet they do their SIMPLE chores next time!!!

That's sweet you put JP's truck in the garage. I mean afterall you DID get beautiful pink pearls from him.