Thursday, May 31

Nothing since Monday?

Wow, been busy.
OK, so daily 'what's up' summary:

Tuesday: Mom and I got started on the wall unit, got the shell built and installed (twice... we had to take it down and fix/fudge it once) and got some of the shelves cut. We had softball games, I only walked like 3 people the whole game, but I did give up a grand slam home run to some big bull that I'd like to see tested for 'roids. We did lose by the 10 run rule, but not til the end of the 6th inning! WOOHOO! I did not pitch the second game, my arm was like jelly by the end of the first. That was a shorter game, only made it through 3 innings before the 10 run rule ended it. On the upside (not) our catcher, Angie did take a softball to the noggin and went to the ER and got 11 stitches. It bounced off home plate and cut her just above her right eyebrow. We were taking bets on how many stitches she'd end up with, Sara was closest, she said 7. We hit the bar after the game, and it was a pretty late night. And Angie showed up at the bar to show off her forehead. We all bought her drinks, she earned them! We got up, as a team and did Karaoke... we sang "Hurts so good" in honor of Angie taking one for the team!

Wednesday: Had my college writing II class, things went well there... even though I realized at 2 in the afternoon that I had not yet written my paper for it. It was due at 4. Of course I got it done... gawd, I am such an ass kissing 'pull an A paper outta your ass' brownie hound... I'd make myself sick if not for the fact that I'm just that freakin' good, ya know?

Thursday: (Oh, wait, that's today) So this morning I ran to Fargo with Charity for smokes and scooby snacks. While there, we went to Target (of course) and I printed out Nikki and Jamie's wedding registry and picked up a nice gift for them, fitting gift coming from Nikki's godfather, of course. I got back in town in time to relax for about 15 minutes, then I had to pack up and go to my Ethics class (runs from 1 to 4) I was tired... ethics class is so dry and dull. If the teacher had been in the other classroom, I am sure I would have fallen asleep. But he was in our town today. (It's at ITV class, so he goes back and forth between the 2 sites) He gave a writing assignment at 3, said "It's due by 4:15 today, email it to me" Some of my classmates were whining "But, I live 40 minutes away, and I don't have my laptop with me now" so he sort of cut us some slack. He gave us until tomorrow at 4:15, but to make up for giving us more time, he increased the required word count. From 500 to "minimum 750". I live 5 minutes from campus. I came home (he released us at 3 then) and told the kids to give me that one hour. If they could do that, I would take them out to rent a few movies. I emailed my finished paper to the instructor shortly before 4... yeah I AM that good... oh, and word count? Just over 900... I could have gone on, but I didn't want to seem too brown-noser-ish.

The boys and I just finished watching a couple of movies, and now I'm taking a quick break. I should go to bed early, I'm working on housecleaning tomorrow morning, and Mom and I are finishing up shelf cutting in the afternoon... then it's off to see Michael Bolton... ugh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"When A Man Loves A Woman"....oooohhhh what a sexy voice he has!!

Steff said...

Well, don't be modest or anything Nikki! LOL :) Seriously, I always managed to make things sound right (even if it was a little bit BS) and got As in writing. In my freshman class I wrote about how awful I thought the prof was, but guess what...I applied it to the topic and got the A (begrudgingly I was told)! Good job!

Nikky said...

See Steff, you're the same way, if you can insult the teacher and still get an A, you're a brownie hound, just like me... you're just too modest about it, take some credit girl! You deserve it!