Wednesday, May 9

I'm not a belly itcher

But I am a pitcher.
Yup, I was officially given the position tonight at practice. My catcher is a great girl named Kelsi, she and I get along great. While Gary (Charity's man and our coach) was hitting practice balls for the fielders, she and I went and practiced together. She's a Scooby Doo fan, so of course, I like her lots!!

After practice, I took the kids home (they all came to the park to watch and laugh) and then met the team at the bar that sponsors us. We had a couple of drinks and some appetizers. I must say, if I wasn't so gung ho on playing, I'd quit, just because this bar sucks ass. I mean, holy crap, we sat there for 15 minutes before a waitress even took our order, and then it was another 45 before our food (and DRINKS) SHOWED UP! One could argue that maybe it was a busy night, but IT WASN'T! Yes, there were several tables full, but it was not packed. Not an hour wait packed!

They were having a Karaoke contest though, that was amusing. The first guy we saw was good, then a girl who did really well. And a few others, some of whom I will mention later. Then a guy and a woman came up on stage. He was walking behind her with his hand on her shoulder. It became apparent rather quickly that he was blind. He did not sing someone else's song. He had his own material. Holy balls, he was SO GOOD. He played a guitar - looked like that guy... Jeff Healey in that Patrick Swayze movie Roadhouse. No, he did not look like him, but he played the guitar like him, laid on his lap. He was so much better than local bar karaoke. He should have had his own gig playing.

Of course, he won the competition, and will advance to the state competition. Good for him, he deserves it. It was a good time, because there was one girl, she was so bad. I could understand her being there for a regular singing night, but to be in the competition, I thought you'd have to be halfway decent. She did Bobby McGee by Janis Joplin. It was so awful. I am hoping she was drunk, THAT would at least explain why she was so bad. If she was stone sober, that is just sad and scary all at once. But it was entertaining... my face hurt from laughing so much at her.

And because of this fun night, I missed the episode of LOST tonight. I bribed Alex with a Moonpie to watch it and give me a play by play when I got home. Sounds like it was a great one, and I'm so mad I missed it. But it was worth it, I got a good workout, got all sweaty and stinky, and hopefully, lost a bit of me.

I will find out tomorrow. Here's another thing that ought to be on that list of 10 goofy things about me. I am adamant about weighing myself. It does not count unless it is done first thing in the morning (after I have emptied my bladder, of course, gawd only knows how much weight that thing adds when it's full!!) and I must be stripped down to nothing, not even my watch or my glasses. The last two days it has been the same. That is not normal for me, usually it fluctuates by a good pound or two from one day to the next. As long as it keeps averaging lower and lower, I am happy.

I am going to have to buy new jeans though. Too loose. And a new belt, either that or use a leather punch to put some new holes in it... can't cinch it up tight enough.

OK, time for bed, I'm already feeling sore from practice tonight. I may have to go for a good long walk tomorrow.

No comments: