Friday, March 2

It's March already

Been busy the last couple of days. Gonna be busy today.


Wednesday I did something really good... I gave blood. There was a blood drive at the school, and I gave 2 pints...
I received blood years ago, with the birth of Alex, aka Moose Baby, and I have tried before to give blood, but something had always stopped me... Once it was too soon after I received blood, once it was too soon after I had gotten a tattoo, and once it was too soon after I had been down to Mexico to the Mayan ruins...

BUT THIS TIME!!

I think it's really important to give blood. It didn't even hurt, well, yeah, it was a bit uncomfortable for awhile, but so easy and such a small price to pay when you consider the lives it will save.

Thursday with the 3 day blizzard kick starting, I did not go to class. I only had one 1-hour class anyway, so I skipped it and got errands etc done instead. I went to the bank, the post office (mailed bills out!) and then I hit the grocery store. I must have looked like I was preparing to feed an army. The cart was darn near overflowing! But I got enough stuff to last us for 2 weeks (other than the milk and diet pepsi that will need to be picked up here and there) AND it only cost me $116! I was so proud of myself, I didn't buy one single thing that wasn't on the list!

This morning, the kids didn't have school anyway, for a teacher in-service day, and I only had one class scheduled: Psychology from 9-12. My college cancelled classes til 11, and I couldn't see going up there for 1 hour, and I am pretty sure the teacher didn't come anyway, I think she lives over in Fargo.

Today, interesting things happening... First off I went online to my bank, and LO AND BEHOLD!! Our Federal tax refund was deposited... (BIG SMILE) So I got a check ready for that amount to take to the bank and get a Cashier's Check to send off to Kia.

Then I went to take a shower, and, as usual, I stripped neekid, without watch or glasses even (need all the help I can get) and got on the scale. (BIG SMILE) I have lost 5.5 lbs since starting those Special K bars as snacks instead of PopTarts!!

I'm feeling skinny and rich today, so it's a great day!!

I even went out and shoveled the walk to the mail box for the mailman.

So my plan for today is simple, I've had 2 days off school, but I still have work to do. I have a test in Accounting (take home) that's due Monday, I have an assignment in Spreadsheets (Excel) that's due Wednesday, and I have an Income Tax test (take home) that's due Thursday. I also have to start thinking about the speech I have to give. We have the outline for it due Tuesday night. Plus next Friday in Psych we will be having a test, and I need to transfer those damn notes for the next 4 chapters again... I've actually started at least, I'm halfway through the 2nd of the 4 chapters.

With Emma's hockey tournament this weekend, I know I won't have much time to work on stuff Saturday and Sunday... Plus a bunch of us are going Moonlight bowling Saturday night (that's the whole 'make a reservation' thing... I made a reservation Wednesday)

Well, it's after 10 am, so I should get moving. It's still snowing and blowing, and we are in a blizzard warning/watch (whatever) until 6 pm tonight.

UPDATE:

I went to the bank, wrote them a check for $7860.00 and they made out a cashier's check.
I went straight from the bank to the post office and mailed that sucker!

Holy Crap, we're really doing it, I'm so happy!! Just yesterday I mailed them the regular payment of $400... Since the 21st of February I have now thrown $8660 at them... I still have the State check (that's another almost $1800), AND JP's combat pay check (that'll be almost $1100) to send them once they show up here. Plus once JP gets past 12 months 'over there', his 'extension bonus' will kick in, that's an extra $1000 per month until he comes home...April, May, June and July... so there's another $4000... plus the $400 normal monthly payments for another $1600...(doing math in my head here) Holy crap, those numbers add up to $17,160.

(the balance back in Jan was 17,136)

OMG!! We WILL have this paid off before he comes home!!

3 comments:

Scott from Oregon said...

Special K bars, huh?

Hmmmm...

Anonymous said...

Special K bars ROCK!!! I'm losing weight eating them as snacks too!! Only 90 cal per bar and they are SO tasty!!

It's a great feeling to pay a vehicle off. Plus it gives your checkbook an extra $400 a month!

Cazzie!!! said...

Wish every one would give blood, then it would make life in the hospital much easier :)