Sunday, March 25

No energy, no willpower, no gumption

Well, here we are, Day 1.

Emma's hockey bowling/pizza party was this afternoon. We spent the earlier part of the day doing a Comedy Central Blue Collar Comedy Tour marathon along with a Laundry Folding Party.
(meaning, I made the kids do their laundry, but let them fold it out in the family room so we could watch the funny guys on TV while doing so)

The bowling was not too bad... I had a 149 for my first game, and Alex had 2 strikes. For the second game, it was horrible... The people on our left had a small child using one of those ball-launching ramps every time, and on our right was a family with young children... 3 of them...

Child One, "the baby" was a boy about a year and a half... and let's just call that little puker "The Wanderer"... I'm standing there ready to bowl, and suddenly short and stinky comes wandering over IN FRONT of me... breaks the concentration... not a happy Nik.

Child Two was a lovely little girl, around 3 or 4 years old. She was using a ramp, too. She did not bother me, she had a smile on her chubby little face THE ENTIRE time... sweet little monkey.

Child Three aka SATAN'S SPAWN. He was probably about 6. If one of my children ever pulled a temper tantrum like this little fucker, I would have whooped his ass and dragged him kicking, screaming and crying out the door. He sucked at bowling, as kids his age generally do, but he took it very personally. He refused helpful advice from Daddy, in fact, screamed and hit his father. (that right there would have done it for me...but wait, there's more!)
When the Spawn's little sister (angelic sweetpea) would go up to bowl, he would go up behind her and kick the backs of her knees, trying to knock her down, and make her suck as bad as he did!
And of course, Mommy and Daddy were the wishy washy types... "Now, Spawn, that's not very nice"
OMG, remove this hellion and PUNISH him!!

So, anyway, they arrived as we finished up the first game, so my second game was full of distractions, that's what I'm blaming for my score, a measly 92. Eric got a strike in his second game... should have seen his face BEAMING with joy! Verra cool.

After bowling, all the hockey people met at Godfather's for pizza. They did a really smart thing, set it up so the kids sat ----------------> OVER THERE and the adults (and I kept Alex with me) got to sit elsewhere. It was really nice, and they gave gift certificates and cards of thanks to the coaches, too.

Now we are home, and I really need to get my Excel homework done, but I don't understand it. The teacher (maybe I've mentioned him, Marcus) is a nice guy, but I think he expects too much from us. Like, he expects us to KNOW this stuff... um, no, dude, it's YOUR job to TEACH us this stuff. I feel dumb in that class. But, after looking through my schedule for the next year, this is the last time I will have one of Marcus' classes, and there are only 7 weeks left... I can make it!
I think I can
I think I can
I think I can

I got another email today, another KIA over there. We just had an email like that on Friday, too. I feel so awful for those families. If not for the extension, those two guys would be on their way home, or would BE home, instead, they got extended and sacrificed their lives... and for what?

That's it, stick a fork in me, I'm done.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We watched the Blue Collar funny jokes too!! Ron White is my favorite--Tater Salad cracks me up everytime!!

Glad you are back home in the solitude (semi I'm sure).

KIA? Huh?

Nikky said...

Yes, Ron White is really great, but I can't decide whether I like him or Bill Engvall the best!

KIA stands for Killed In Action.

Scott from Oregon said...

What does your bubby think of the political mess he is standing in the middle of?

Nikky said...

Well Scott, it's sort of hard for JP to talk about the situation, because he IS in the middle of it. Thing is, when he was home in January, he said something in particular needed to be done and lo and behold, the big jackass in charge then goes and orders it! Yeah, JP said he thought a troop surge would help. Now, I don't know that it will, I only know that I did not expect (and I doubt he did either) that my husband would be part of that. I must commend him (the husband, not dumbass) for having an idea, a plan, even though I tend to disagree with it, since most people just say things like 'something needs to be done' without any real ideas on WHAT.
Thing is, JP (although he had this idea) does not want to be there. I know, hard to believe... no, honestly, there are some military guys who are all gung ho to be there, etc, but not him. I wonder if JP's opinion will be different when he comes home in August than it was back in January.
Guess we will see.