Monday, March 19

Dodged a bullet today

Today in the Senate meeting we held elections for next year's officers. My friend Adam nominated me for Treasurer. I had the blessing of the current Treasurer, the President and the Faculty Advisor.

What I didn't have, was the desire to do the job. OK, originally, back in January when Slinger and Eric came to me and asked me to do it, I did say yes. But as I spent more and more time with April learning it, (April is the current Treasurer) I realized that it's a buttload of paperwork and time and headaches. I was starting to regret saying that I would run for the position. BUT, I said I would, so I wasn't about to back out at the last minute.

Along comes Lori. She got nom'd for the position as well. Bless her heart. I was so happy to come back into the room to see her name circled on the sheet of nominees.

Yes, it will be sad not to go to G.A. next fall, it was alot of fun, and it will suck not to get that lovely stipend check at the end of those 2 semesters...BUT, with what I'm doing this summer (taking 6 credits) setting myself up to have a cake walk last year, and now realizing what a P.I.T.A. the job is, I think it all worked out as it should.

Besides, next fall my wonderful husband will be back, and I would rather not be spending that much time at the office doing financial reports etc before and after classes.

So, Lori, good luck to you, and I really hope you choke on it, you limey bitch (HAHA, I am kidding! Even though I didn't really want it, I do hate to lose.... but it's for the best... but I hate losing... dammit)

OK OK, it's fine,just had to get the catty nastiness out of the way quick there, sorry.

Update to follow, IF I have a good night bowling! Otherwise, assume I bowled like crap, and I will post tomorrow or something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I hate losing too, even if it would have been HELL to live with. Enjoy bowling.

Nikky said...

the only problem is that people will say "gee, Nik, I'm really sorry you didn't get it" and when I say that it's ok, that I didn't really want it anyway, they will assume I am just a sore loser...
what.ever.
Anyway, it's over and done with.