Tuesday, March 27

Midterms, Murphy's Law & Ib dsick

Also known as The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Midterm grades have been trickling in since we got back from our break. Got the last one in tonight in Speech. Yeah, I'm pulling a 4.0 so far this semester... Damn, I am smart! (hell, I have to gloat now, I am pretty certain it won't last!) This is the "good".

Now for the bad... Murphy's Law ("anything that can go wrong...WILL") is all over my ass. The furnace pump went out. I woke up to 55 degrees this morning. The one saving grace of this episode was the entire transaction with the plumbing and heating place I called. Called them at 9:15... guy was knocking on my door at 9:45 (after the lady on the phone said he could PROBABLY make it by noon). He was a nice guy, too, younger than the usual plumber types, and (thank you God) NO PLUMBER'S CRACK. Wow, just gets better and better, ya know? He was done replacing the pump and gone by shortly after 11. I was very pleased.


Now, for the Ugly...
dYes, I ab dsick. Did you eber dodice now fuddy peepo dtalk whed dthey are dsick?

Yes, I spoke those words out loud so I could type them phonetically. I sound stupid because I am getting sick. It's all in my sinuses for now, nose dripping like a rusty dirty old prison faucet, my eyes and nose feel puffed out as if I were receiving a Novocain drip.

I managed to last all freakin' winter without getting sick, and now that it's finally getting nice out, here I come being all snotty and sneezy. Sunuva...

Gimme meds and gimme my pillow...

2 comments:

Scott from Oregon said...

Lots of liquids...

I've had this nasty weird flu for ages. It doesn't do anything but sit in my muscles and make me feel fatigued.

Maybe I should go back to drinking beer...

Nikky said...

I talked to a guy today who said I need Vitamin C. Not just cuz I'm sick, he said that smokers have a Vit. C defiency.
He recommended these packs of powder that you add to bottles of water. I have not had the energy to go out shopping for them.