Friday, March 9

Got what I needed

I said I needed to quit wallowing, stop thinking about it, and that's what I did today. I had my Psych class this morning, even worked on those damn pesky notes IN CLASS. Yeah, that's right, for 3 hours STRAIGHT I took notes. I wrote up 9 pages of notes today. I am midway through chapter 7, all that's left is finishing that, and writing up chapter 8. The test is in two weeks, and it's on my list of things to do during spring break, so I was basically just getting a jump start on it today.

I got out of class, and Gina and I ran over to Fargo. Oh, yeah, her boyfriend came along, too.

I took my bowling ball back, had them ream it out a bit in the thumb area, and bowled a quickie to test it out...perfect.

I had to get dog food and cigarettes (do not even say anything, JP, now is NOT the time to ask me to quit... I WILL go postal if you try to make me) and then we ran to Target to pick up a few things.

I got a new printer that will be living IN MY ROOM... no kids anywhere near it. I need one here at home so I can work on homework stuff during the break.

I also found out that patience DOES pay off. The last 3 times I have been to Target, I have had, in my cart, a white hoodie. It's plain white, but I just love it, it's big and roomy. The first time I had it in my cart, I put it back, it was $24. The second time I had it in there it was $19... 3rd time it was down to $15 and yes, I am that friggin' cheap, I put it back... BUT TODAY!! Today it was on the clearance rack for $7.50... yup, brought that baby home, it was meant to be.

I also splurged and got myself the Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioner that I love.

Yes, I admit it, today, I used the old female stand-by

SHOPPING THERAPY

I gotta say though, I do feel better.

OH! I also got a new coat hook rack for the kitchen, will put that up next week, that should help eliminate some yelling at the kids to hang up their jackets and backpacks etc. AND I got that movie that I have wanted to see... THE DEPARTED. I think I will watch that tomorrow.

Let's see, what else did I accomplish in retail therapy today? Oh, got a new bra... yeah, exciting, I know. I also got the girls some tartar control scooby snacks... the vet said at their last visit that they both have nasty build up on their teeth. So between switching them to "dental care" food, and now tartar control snacks, they should be improving.

After the shopping, we did a quickie lunch, and headed for home.

Emma has her friend spending the night, and I am taking them to the movies in a little while. She actually cleaned her room today, I had to reward her...maybe it will get cleaned more often if she sees the benefits of it!

Well, time to get the girls settled and fed so I can go to the mall with 2 LOUD 10 year old girls...

No comments: