Tuesday, March 13

got a bunch of stuff done today

I am exhausted:

  • fixed the rug in the sun porch, using, of course, poor man's chrome... a roll and a half of duct tape! But that stuff is there to STAY now...
  • fixed the area of the hallway carpet that Comet ripped to hell... again, duct tape.
  • took the truck in for her oil change
  • while waiting for the truck, I sat in their waiting room with my laptop and wrote that damn speech.
  • cleaned out the grooves of the sliding door, and WD40'd them... slides really easy now.
  • I scrubbed the garbage can, and the cupboard under the sink where it sits... pewwwwie. All better now.
  • I took all the burnable garbage out to Mom and Dave's.
  • After cleaning the sun porch, I started a pile of tubs etc for rummage this summer.
  • Of course, before doing the rug in the porch, I had to sweep and mop in there, it was such a beautiful day, it was up to 50, so all the furniture in there was sitting in the driveway while I worked in there.
  • I finished copying chapter 7 and started on chapter 8 (last one!!) of my Psych notes.
  • Washed, dried, folded AND put away 4 loads of laundry.

I think that was it... oh, and I helped Gina figure out her iPod, and took Emma to hockey practice. We found out that Thursday, their last practice, is not really that. THAT is the parents vs the girls game. Crap. I know it's fun for them, but I feel big and dumb and clumsy... and Emma laughs at me because I have figure skates. Oh, the sacrifices we make for our kids...

She's worth it... I can take a bruised butt and a bruised ego for her...

Motto for the day: If it doesn't move, and it SHOULD: WD40... if it moves, and it shouldn't: Duct Tape!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MOTTO for the day--hilarious!! Very intelligent though!!!

Glad you got so much done, I'm sure you feel better, even though you're tired.