Sunday, March 4

No Details, just a quickie

Well, that nap turned into a 6 hour nap (yeah, I KNOW!!) That's like a night's worth of sleep... zonked out at 3:30, woke up at 7, looked at the clock and thought "I'll just doze off for a few more minutes" and holy crap, I woke up at shortly after 9, as Alex was herding the younger 2 kids into bed...without a fight, I might add.

Alex did real good by his momma today. He took Emma and Eric outside and they played in the HUGE snow piles for a few hours (tired them out, yeah!!) and then came in and made supper for them (chicken pot pies in the microwave...good enough, nice job, thanks buddy!) and was in the process of getting them to bed when I finally reappeared.

So, the weekend. Emma's first game was Saturday morning, they lost. It was a 16 team tournament, 2 brackets of 8 teams. They played again Saturday afternoon, they lost. I had signed up to work the penalty box for 2 games that afternoon and Alex volunteered to help. He worked the other penalty box at the same games. Yeah, he VOLUNTEERED, I didn't have to bribe him or anything!!

Saturday night I went out with some of the girls from school and we went Moonlight Bowling. Starts at 10 pm, ends around 12:30. I made .75 for picking up 3 spares worth a quarter each (WHHOOOPPPEEEE) but it was a good time. We did see a guy make a strike for the "strike pot" worth $810... not bad for throwing a ball around! I didn't drink because I knew I had to be back at the arena by 7:15 Sunday morning. I bowled great though, had a 117, a 120 and a 136.

Not enough sleep, and after being cold all day, and sore and stiff, so Sunday morning came WAAAYY to quick.
I worked Sunday morning in the concession stand, while Emma's team played their last game. I didn't get to see it. They lost.

Yeah, our girls took last place in their own damn tournament. How sad.

ANYWAY... I was scheduled to work from 7:30 til 10 in the concession stand, but when 10 rolled around, our replacements did not show up. So the 3 of us who had been there stayed until 11 when those lazy fuckers finally showed up to relieve us.

I had to work 2 more games of penalty boxes, at 11:45 and 1. So I ran home and ate something, then headed back to the arena. Emma stayed there the whole day, she was having a good time, running around with her friends, and watching some pretty damn good hockey.

I took some pictures at Emma's second game on Saturday and I will post them tomorrow. The team they played, F*CKING MOOSE GIRLS! I'm not kidding, I want to see the birth certificates on the majority of those girls. NO DAMN WAY THEY WERE U-10. They looked (not just size, I'm talking facial features) like 16 year old girls. Of course they whupped our little girls.

So I did the penalty boxes for the consolation game (3rd and 4th place) and the Championship game. I also took my Income Tax take-home test with me and worked on that whenever I could. Helped a lot, I got quite a bit done on it!

So there, that's my weekend, in a nutshell, and now, 10:40, I am going back to bed. My morning class 8-10 is cancelled, so I don't have class til 11 tomorrow. That's good, too, because with me not being home much this weekend, the house is a pit. So I will clean house tomorrow morning. Yes, Alex did a great job around here, but he did not supervise housecleaning efforts. I don't blame him... all 3 kids survived the weekend and were fed and kept happy, so I am pleased with the boy.

And, of course, with being gone all weekend, I did not have time for a Flashback Saturday, but I will be ready next weekend, I already have one in mind. Sorry about that... no, I'm not, I'm too tired to be sorry! HAHA.

3 comments:

Scott from Oregon said...

You sold sugar daddies?

Nikky said...

no, sorry, no sugar daddies... lots and lots of laffy taffy tho!

Anonymous said...

I'd have to have fun in the penalty box with those kids. Like get them pumped up to go back out on the ice & whip some hockey tail!!!

I love banana laffy taffy!!