Friday, March 16

Last day of freedom

I really didn't fully enjoy and benefit from my last day of Spring Break freedom. I talked to JP a bit this morning, then laid down and went back to sleep.

I did get a nice relaxing shower today though, nobody knocking on the door, no worries about hurrying because I would be late for class.

I did go to Emma's school today though. She volunteered me to be one of the parent drivers to take them to the local nursing home. Their 4th grade class goes there every other Friday to visit the residents. They play card games with them, do art projects, basically just visit. I was really impressed, it was so nice. In addition to being a driver, I also got to sit in on one of these visits. There were 5 residents, 4 kids and me and one other mom/driver. Turns out that this other mom and I have a ton in common, she's really nice, and we visited with each other and a few of the residents, too.

I even talked to some of the staff about taking Hailey and Comet there for a visit. Emma was really excited about that, too. So now that hockey is over, maybe we will have a free minute, and we can take the girls... it will be good for the girls and the residents. A win-win situation.

Now the kids and I are vegging out with junk food and movies. I made the mistake of letting them choose... youngest first. Eric chose the "Best Episodes of Family Guy"... Emma is next, I shudder to think what she will select. I am already assuming Alex will decide upon "Tenacious D and the crappiest movie ever"

Oh, well, at least I picked up some Mike's, so if need be, I can just ignore what's on the TV and play at Pogo all night. Yes, I know I should be working on that damn Psych paper, but it's not due until the 30th and it's extra credit anyway. But I still want to do it.

Well, Alex just told me something I didn't ever want to hear, as his mother. He had a dance today after school, and while there, he MADE OUT with some girl... NOT the girl he asked to go to the dance with him, either! OK,OK, to see the bright side of this, at least he trusts me enough to talk to me about these sorts of things. But really... what a horrible thing to do! I'm really not impressed with his lack of ethics here.

Well, the girls are whining at me, they need to go outside.

3 comments:

Jan Ross said...

Well, he cared enough to talk to you about it and that is HUGE. Keep those lines of communication open now - it will certainly help when they are older!

Anonymous said...

Alex made out? Oh my gosh! How old is he? Do we need the condom talk yet? Oh Lord, this stuff stresses me out and he's not even my kid!!

I read the paragraph out loud to Bat about the kids choice in movies. I knew he'd think that was hilarious--

Happy Spring Break & Happy St. Paddy's Day!!

Nikky said...

Yeah, Flat, he and I have had all the sex, disease and condom talks...

The movie night just got worse and worse... went from Family Guy to Spongebob Squarepants to Zathura to Napolean Dynamite (I left as that one started) and then I guess they watched Madagascar.

Gimme a sappy movie, or an intense thriller, but PLEASE, no more spongebob or napolean!!