Monday, March 12

I should buy stock in the Rubbermaid company

First off, stocks... I finished the test on stocks, and I SORT OF understand that crap. Enough to know that I could get into the stock market a little bit... like sticking my toes in the lake to check the temperature... not gonna just run off the dock and jump in like a lunatic.

Second, I have been kicking butt today on my spring cleaning. I have filled 6 Rubbermaid tubs... you know, those ginormous suckers!? I haven't even been downstairs yet, or in the kids' rooms. This is just from the kitchen, dining, bathroom and my room...oh, and the 2 hall closets and part of the front door closet.

Not to mention the ton of burnable stuff I am taking out to Mom and Dave's tomorrow to torch and be rid of. I also took the Kia in this morning for an oil change, and JP's truck has a similar appointment tomorrow morning.

I am going to have to get more tubs. I love them. And they fill up so quickly.
I did really good, too, when going through my closet. I didn't think I had that many pairs of shoes... turns out I just couldn't find them, so I'd buy more. 4 prs of black dress shoes, but in my defense, it was one pair of high heel/slinky, one pair of high heel/sensible and 2 pr of flats... I gave up the one pair of flats that I love the least. Same with the brown shoes...only kept one pair of heels and one pr of flats. My summer sandals, I had to part with 3 pair, and I was still left with 3 pair! I also have 3 pr of white tennis shoes... well, 4 if you count the ones I keep out in the sun porch for lawn mowing. They used to be white, but they're green now. Holy crap, just call me Imelda! And I thought my mother was bad!

I also found the beautiful pair of cowboy boots I bought last August, and have never worn. I put them on while I was walking around the house, I have to break them in, because I will wear them to WE Fest this August. They are just gorgeous, and best thing, they make my feet look TINY! They do hurt a bit, that's why I have to get them broke in. I figure I will wear them all week around the house, and after that, I will wear them if Gina and I go out on a Friday night "For a drink or two" again.

Anyway, the cleaning portion of the day is done, now I am on to the homework portion (can't you tell?) I am trying to write a speech. I dread writing this the most of all the homework I have left, so I am forcing myself to get it done before I go on to the "fun" homework. Besides, it's due before the other stuff is.

I have to bowl tonight, too. Can't wait to see how my thumb does with the new reamed hole in my ball.

Wow, I have procrastinated a whole hour away here, and that speech isn't gonna write itself (dammit) so I have to do this NOW!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should take a picture of yourself in nothing but those cowboy boots and email it to JP!!! Of course it might end up all over Iraq but you'd be famous that's for sure!!

Nikky said...

Hmmm, SO not a bad Idea!! I am sure he would appreciate that...