Thursday, March 15

Here's a hint: ice is HARD

I don't remember it being that hard when I was a kid skating on the lake with my brother. Of course, I didn't fall down as much then, either.

Old knees and old butts land harder I think.

Yep, you guessed it, today I was playing hockey. Every year at the end of the girls' season we have a game of parents vs girls. I have figure skates... a huge source of laughs for all the girls, btw.

"You're a figure skater?? HAHAHAHA"

"No, I am not a figure skater, I am a MOM... now be nice and don't hurt me!"

I did get a few good shots... no, no shots on goal, but I managed to slap the puck with the stick AND stay on my feet quite a bit... yeah baby!! The parents won the game... ok, technically, the score was tied at the end, 7-7, but we were up 7-3 and time was running out, so some of the better skaters (mostly the dads) were scoring on our own goal for the girls, to get it even. I was pretty surprised, some of those dads are really good. I wish JP had been there, he's so fun to watch... he's just a little squirt in a grown man's body.

I have to go buy batteries for my camera, then tomorrow I am sure the bruises will be all sorts of pretty colors, so I will share then... just the knee, not the HUGE purple and blue colors on my bum...

Before leaving for the game I threw a bunch of stuff into a pot and threw it in the oven, boneless skinless chicken breasts, potatoes and cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soups. It was ready when I came limping in the house, thanks to Alex staying home and watching it, stirring it on occasion. He was pretty cool about it too, something different, and he didn't turn up his nose at it, in fact, he was raving about how yummy it was. That made me feel good.

I worked on my computerized accounting today, SO glad I bought that printer, it has really come in handy this week. I only have tomorrow left without the kids, so I think I will have to use that time to write that Psych paper. I have one page written so far, but it's supposed to be 5 to 7 pages.

Well, that's it, time for bed, and some pain killers I think...

2 comments:

Jan Ross said...

Well, I am just impressed that you can PLAY hockey, never mind a little falling down! I can get up and down the rink without falling, but that's about it. If I tried to hold a hockey stick, it would be all over. Or I would be all over. You know what I mean.

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous you got to play hockey. You know it's one of my dreams....and I too, would be wearing figure skates. I can't skate a lick in those hockey ones!