Tuesday, March 6

Must Vent before I REALLY explode!

I have class until 6 p.m. on Tuesday nights. I usually call the house during our break, around 4:30. I called, talked to Emma. She asked me if she had hockey practice tonight. I'm sorry, I do not have YOUR schedule memorized. I told her to call her coach and ask him. If she has to be there before I get home, ask him for a ride. Leave me a note telling me what time practice is done, and I will be there to pick you up. IF you don't have practice until 6:30, then I will be home in time to take you, and there is no need for a ride. ALSO, if that IS the case, DO NOT call me back, as I will be returning to class in a few minutes, and CANNOT be interrupted... Just wait til I get home and tell me then.

She called... of course she did. I was shocked she waited as long as she did though. It was shortly after 5:30 when my phone vibrated in my pocket. I shut it off, and ignored it as soon as I saw that the incoming call was "home". When I left school at 10 to 6, I called her. WHAT? WHAT WAS SO IMPORTANT THAT IT COULD NOT WAIT? She had the balls to say "Can it just wait til you get home?" YEAH, IT CAN WAIT, WHY CAN'T YOU???

I get home, and thanks to the new fallen snow, I see that Alex has not let my girls outside since he got home. I walk in and see that Comet amused herself today by chewing up a tablet. It was not one of mine for school, therefore she has been allowed to live.

I ask Emma if she had gotten ahold of Steve, her coach. "no"... WHY NOT? I didn't bring my planner home, so I didn't know his number. Then she proceeds to tell me that Steve called here and wants me to call him. ?????? UGH, why didn't you just say that? I go to the caller ID to get his number, and he did not call. She insists that he did. I check the other phone's caller ID list...nope.

I'm getting really cranky here. Then I see that my brother called just a few minutes before I got home... his name? Yeah, Steve.

By this time I am just freaking out furious. I beat the dog with the remains of the tablet (after I made Alex take her outside, didn't want to scare the piss out of her and have ANOTHER mess to clean up) While he took both girls out, he only brought one in. Hailey decided that she didn't need to listen to him. I stormed out there, opened the gate and (as usual) Hailey did that STOP, playful stutter step and start to run off... as if we are going to play. I shouted her name so loud, I am sure the entire neighborhood heard me. DON'T CARE. Made her stop. Then she realized I was mad, and didn't want to come to me, didn't want to come anywhere near me in fact. Finally after repeating the words Hailey, COME several times, she did.

I walked into the house, and came online, found out Emma has hockey NOW... at 6. I came out to the kitchen and told her and said "You're not going" ...

Walked back into my room and SLAMMED the door. Beautiful end to a beautiful rant.

Now I am going to post some pictures and try to relax and calm down. MAN, I AM BITCHY NOW...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have gone outside in the snow and cooled off a bit. WOW!!!

Nikky said...

I did calm down, grabbed all 3 kids, apologized for being Momzilla and we parked it in front of the TV for a 'That 70's Show' marathon, thanks to DVR. Turns out I just needed to laugh for awhile.

I'd also like to clarify, I did not BEAT Comet... I threw the tablet at her, and did alot of yelling... just don't want y'all calling PETA on me or anything.
;-P

Anonymous said...

Glad Comet is ok--you know that was the name of the dog on Full House. I always liked that show, and the dogs name.

Love the 70s show..Bat keeps it on constantly!!

Nikky said...

yeah, I knew when I named her Comet about that dog...but I did not name her Comet because of that, in fact, I HATED that show...those horrible brats with no acting ability!!
Comet's registered name is Nikn Hailey's Comet. (Hailey being the older golden I have, Comet's aunt)

Jan Ross said...

We all have those breakdowns now and then; don't sweat it. Did you figure out how to the links on the side? It's just a page element in Blogger. Email me if you need more detailed help.