Wednesday, January 31

We have a guest

Our son, Alex, went to a youth group/church thing tonight with some friends. I told him he could go as long as he had a ride there and a ride home, because it is still absolutely freezing outside. Did not get above zero today AT ALL.

He called me shortly before 9 pm, about the time I expected him home. I was cranky when I answered the phone, thinking he was going to beg me to come get him. No, it was worse.

"Mom, we found this kitten hanging around outside the center. He's skinny and it's really cold. Could we keep him, JUST FOR TONIGHT, you can take him to the Humane Society tomorrow, but none of my friends' parents will let them take him. Please, Mom, can we?"

Alex is a sucker for an animal sob story. Apparently, so am I. He got the cat here (not a kitten, a CAT, full grown, a little skinny, but with our Tiny Sue as comparison, ANY cat is skinny) We gave him food, which I must admit, he devoured as if he had not eaten in days. Maybe he's just a pig, though, I don't know.

Hailey and Comet were eager to meet him, but he hissed in protest, so I shut the girls into my bedroom while we figured out what to do with him. Alex was calling him "billy joe" which, I guess is the name of one of the members of Green Day, Alex's favorite band. I'm sorry, but that's a dumb name.

I came up with one of my own, and now I have Alex convinced that it is much more appropriate. This cat has begun his plot to overtake the world, one 13 year old boy at a time... he IS

Dr. Evil

He's kind of cute actually, tabby back and white tummy. The only thing is, his eyes... they're yellow. It's a little freaky.

I will not keep him, he WILL go to the Humane Society tomorrow. Several reasons:
1. He is a he... I don't have He pets
2. He is not declawed... I like my furniture
3. He is not neutered... ewww... boys are icky
4. He does not like Hailey and Comet... I do

So don't worry JP, I won't do with Dr. Evil like I did with Tiny Sue... not gonna spring YET ANOTHER pet on you. I don't have class tomorrow until 11, so I will dig out Tiny's pet carrier and take him for a ride in the morning.

Oh, bet you're wondering where Dr. Evil is spending the night, huh? Well, since Alex is firmly wrapped around Dr. Evil's little 'kitten' finger, of course, he is spending the night in the boy's room... with a promise to scrub.disinfect.sterilize any "problems" that may occur during the night.

What an interesting evening...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm interested to see if the cat spends the ENTIRE night in the boys room. Maybe a full belly will help him rest well. Glad you took care of him for the night...

Nikky said...

He will spend the entire night, Alex sleeps with his door closed... so I know at least, that any 'issues' will be contained to the boy's room.

I couldn't turn him away... after spending all that time out in the (not this) cold looking for Zoey, I couldn't imagine leaving him out there... it's not right, and I am just not that kind of person, I couldn't turn my back on the kitty, evil or not. hehe.

honkeie said...

Well you could fat him up for the chinese new year and .......well maybe you should just take him to the shelter. I get a little strange this early in the morning.

EJL said...

so did it happen...did you take him to the shelter?

Nikky said...

Dr. Evil has left the building...

Bobby D. said...

good for you! My Dr. Evil Tabby Stray is still in my house -- I meant to take him to the shelter...but here he sits 5 years later and 10 pounds fatter. And he contributes nothing-- at least the other cats show affection! you did the right thing!