Thursday, February 1

My February Plan

I read a blog by a lovely young lady in Tennessee... she is a happy, cheerful person, I can tell. She gave me an idea for some posts. She is doing one post for each letter of the alphabet of things that she is thankful for, things that make her happy... stuff like that. See, I told you, she is just a peach, very sweet!

I am not.

But I like the idea of a theme of posts. So I decided to put my own little tweak on that concept. For the month of February, one post per day, 28 posts... all of things that annoy me. In no particular order, just observations I make each day... believe me, I see enough things each day that annoy me, I WILL NOT run out of things to mention!

And, with it being February 1st, I will begin tonight.

I came up with this idea as I was out at Walmart tonight. I just had a few things on my list, some groceries, some household type things, some things to mail out to JP. Everything was going along fine, kids were along, and doing their own shopping, staying in areas where I knew I could find them (toys and electronics) and I was happy to do my shopping in relative peace.

When I went to check out, I saw something that disturbed and annoyed me. It disturbed me, for reasons I will get to, but it annoyed me mostly because it made me feel old. I am about to complain about teenagers. Young girls, probably about 16 or 17 years old.

They were ahead of me in line, buying (I find this most ironic) make up. At first, I only saw the back of the one girl's head... her hair was 2 different colors... dark dishwater blond at the roots and straw yellow on the ends. Speaking of straw, that's what her hair looked like it was made of. I have seen this 'look' before, it is attained by globing gel into wet hair and allowing it to dry. Her hair was in chunks about the diameter of a string of yarn... and pulled back into, what I assume she thought was a pretty little up-do.

I gave an inner eyebrow raise to the hair, then noticed her clothing. Let me preface this by saying that it is 10 degrees below zero outside, and the wind is HOWLING, roughly 30 below windchill. There are advisories on the radio saying do not leave your pets outside, and that the elderly and very young should not even go out unless absolutely necessary. This little tart was wearing a very low waisted pair of what used to be jeans, 'fashionably' ripped at both knees, AND right under her left ass cheek. I mention the low waist because I could also see her thong riding higher than her waistband... (if you're that curious, she was wearing a baby blue g-string) I could see her waist clearly because her shirt was riding very high... it's the fashion, ya know. As she turned to pay the cashier I could finally see her face...

You know, just because you CAN wear make-up, doesn't mean you have to wear it ALL AT ONCE! She was made up like a hooker on Valentine's Day... I didn't even bother with the INNER eyebrow raise then, I gave her a full blown up-and-down look and raised those eyebrows HIGH as I sighed and looked away.

There you have it... my February 1st BITCH OF THE DAY

Now, I see I got an email from Scott while I was typing, so I will go see what we can do to change the banner in here. Also, as I said, Lovely 'Flat Coke & Flies' in Tennessee, and of course, Scott in Oregon, I read their blogs. They have links to my blog on theirs, and I want to know how to do that, so that I may be a reciprocal blogger... someone gimme directions?

1 comment:

Bobby D. said...

how about teens who wear sandals and flip flops in winter? wtf?