Sunday, February 25

Hockey, on and off

Yesterday's hockey was ON... I actually shed a tear at the arena yesterday... Less than 2 minutes into the game, EMMA SCORED!! It was one of those bloopers that shouldn't have happened. She did a slap shot from the blue line, and their goalie was overconfident in her abilities to close her legs. Puck scooted nonchalantly between her skates... Our girls went insane screaming and hollering. Every one of them popped Em on the helmet "Good Job Pip!!" Emma is small, one of the smallest (and yet one of the older) girls on the team. They have given her the nickname "Pipsqueek", or Pip for short. This was the first goal I got to SEE, and it was exhilarating, holy crap, I don't know of any other way to explain it. So very proud of her... and the look on her face, when she looked over at me... she loved it, it was so fun to watch her.

But today's hockey is OFF. I doubt I will be getting out of my driveway. Yeah, there's THAT much snow. It is still snowing, too. I got a call this morning from Todd, the head coach, he said the roads are not good, so they decided not to attempt the drive over for the game today. Good, I wanted to stay home anyway.

Guess what happened yesterday with my fence? After Em's game, I put on JP's big knee high winter boots and went trudging out to try to fix the fence panel that had blown out in the wind... It was gone! i stepped through the hole, thinking maybe it had broken off completely and maybe blown a little to the side. Nope, gone. About this time, Molly, the neighbor dog sees me and starts barking. I whined at her "Shut up Molly, whatja do with my fence? Where is my damn fence?" I hear laughing. Keith, neighbor guy steps out of his work shop...located right there too. He said "Missing something?"... He had picked up all the pieces, and brought them into his shop. He was almost done reassembling it. I asked him if he needed any help, nope, almost done. He then proceeded to put the damn thing up in a matter of minutes!
And, while he was doing that, Dan came over and plowed the driveway for me! Good neighbors, and good friends...

I took some pictures just now of the girls outside playing. Mom came over last night, spent the night, and she brought Kate over to play. Those girls do love snow! That's a good thing, because there is plenty of it now for them to play in! I will post the pics in a bit.

Time to clean house now though.

No comments: