Saturday, February 24

Balls again, this time :glow in the dark, and snow

My bowling ball, a lovely 10lb'er in shades of fuchsia/lavender/turquoise swirls (and sparklies, too) also GLOWS IN THE DARK... well, in black light. Our bowling alley here in town does this "Moonlight Bowling" every Saturday night, they shut off all the overhead lights, and use just these strobe types, and twinklers that run up and down the sides of the lanes. They blare music, and you can win money if you get a strike when you have colored pins show up... it's very bizarre, but lots of fun. ANYWAY, I wish I had thought of it earlier, I should have called to make a reservation (Yes, you have to make reservations to BOWL on a Saturday night) so I could try out my ball before league on Monday.

I will post a picture of my ball (I even got it personalized... "NIK", it is so verra cool!) as soon as I can. I can't do it now because I am charging my NANO and trying to get it figured out. I already have some songs transferred on there from my laptop, but I've got a stack of CDs about 12 inches high, several of which I will be completely putting on the Nano, others I will pick and choose songs.

Oh, the snowballs, yes. It is snowing, it has been snowing since shortly after 11pm last night. Not just a little either. I had to shovel a path just so I could get the girls into the back yard to do their morning business. It is supposed to continue throughout the weekend.

The fence broke in the wind yesterday. I'm pretty pissed off about that. One of the cedar panels just sort of split up and popped out. Of course it's one of them along the back, so our girls, when out there for 'business' can see the neighbor dog in her kennel, and I have to holler to keep them from going through the fence. It just happened yesterday afternoon, and I had the Fargo trip, hockey and now it's just too damn cold/snowy/windy to go out and try to figure out how to fix it. It will have to wait until Monday when the snowstorm is passed. I'll take a pic of that too, it really makes me cranky.

Em has hockey today (well, it's scheduled, don't know that it will happen) against the W. Fargo 'poor sports'... ok, ok, I don't know what their team is called, but I think they are sucky winners. I wonder if they will be able to make the drive over here for the game though. Tomorrow we have a game in the opposite direction, wonder if WE will make the drive there... it would just break my heart if both games were cancelled (sarcasm, gang, it's sarcasm) due to weather.

Well, that's all then, snow makes me want to crawl back into bed...

3 comments:

Scott from Oregon said...

blogger ate my homework...

Nikky said...

ok, what?

Anonymous said...

I guess all that fence talk was for your hubby cause I can't really do much to help you down here from TN.

HOCKEY RULES