Friday, February 2

Work in progress & Bitch #2

As you can see, Scott and I have been working on my new banner... isn't it just wonderful? I will have to monkey with the template, and wiggle it over to center it, but Scott and I have a "date" for Saturday morning to get it done. Turns out, (Scott can attest to this) I am not a patient person... who would have known? Even when I don't have the foggiest idea what I'm doing, I STILL want to work ahead... Sorry about that Scott, I promise to follow directions on Saturday... to the letter!!

Emma has a hockey game tonight in Moorhead, and one on Saturday afternoon, AND one on Sunday afternoon. The Saturday and Sunday games are here in town though, thankfully. According to the weather geeks (and they're ALWAYS right) this frigid weather is supposed to continue through the weekend. Won't get above zero, in fact, the expected highs for the days are only -10, with wind chills of -40 or so. I wish I could just hole up for the entire weekend, watch movies with the kids, do some homework, and NOT go out... damn hockey. I love Emma, and I love to watch her play, but holy crap, does it honestly have to be this friggin' cold??

OK, a quick bitch today, it's about my Psych. teacher, or rather, the way she teaches. She reads right out of the book... that's not a big deal, several of my teachers do that. BUT, here's where it gets annoying. When we have tests (which we do, next Friday) they are not open-book, but they are open notes. We can use any notes we take in class. These cannot be on a Word document, they cannot be the pages of the book photocopied... HANDWRITTEN notes only. The reason this annoys me so much is that my handwriting is atrocious, and I don't write much by hand, so it's not like I've got the whole "practice makes perfect" shit going for me either. PLUS, to get everything she says down on paper, I'd be better off only going to class on test days, and spending the rest of my time copying text directly out of the book. So between now and next Friday, I have to get the first 4 chapters of the book transferred into my notebook... BY HAND. I really dread this.

That's the end of my bitch, but I want to add that I also have a speech outline due Tuesday night, and I need to start that. It has to follow the guidelines in the book, and she wants us to bring 4 copies to class, for critique by peers, and one for her to cover in red ink, I'm sure.

OK, plenty to do, even though it's the weekend, I still have to get things done. Sounds like I have a date with JP on Sunday night, wooohooo, looking forward to that, and if I'm a good girl, a SMART girl, I will get everything done before then so I can just enjoy his "company" and relax.

Y'all enjoy your weekend (Is hockey season over YET?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was gonna say I don't see your new banner but then down here on the side at the bottom I see it.

Good luck with it. If you & your hubby don't figure it out maybe you could ask Outdoor Living to help. He re-did my entire blog awhile back. He's a genius!

I love to write--wish I lived closer. I'd copy the entire pysch book down for you.

Nikky said...

Oh, no Flat, JP isn't helping me do this, Scott is (I understand, I mentioned 2 "dates")... but Scott and I got together Friday night and finished up around here.

Scott is the one who made my pretty banner, too. He's pretty good, I tell ya!