Friday, February 16

Taxes

I had an appointment today at 4 to get our taxes done. Things went... well.

While there, she, upon hearing what I am going to school for, said that this time next year, I will be "out here working with me"! Oh, that would be great.

So it was a good day, a BIG refund from Federal, a BIG refund from State, and a possible job offer for me!!

Gina and I are going out tonight for a couple of drinks to celebrate.

And AGAIN, nothing to bitch about...hmmm, funny how I thought I had a ton of stuff that annoys me, and when I go looking for it, it's just not that annoying. I like that. I like being NOT annoyed. It's Feb. 16th, and I think I only have 4 bitches in for the month? Wow, that's kind of nice.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're life is so grand there's very little to bitch about.

How about I put in a bitch for ya...I've got to pay Uncle Sam $1,100 in taxes. UGH!

Nikky said...

Oh, Flat, I'm so sorry... ALMOST makes me feel bad about getting back $9500 (that's Fed and State combined tho)The big reason for this high amount though: JP's income while deployed does not count... I think that's fair, considering what he is doing.

I've never had to pay in, but we've never been THIS high in the returns either.

Scott from Oregon said...

yeah, but you forget, it was YOUR money to begin with...

Refunds are about how much they ARE NOT going to keep that they ALREADY TOOK!

Anonymous said...

As if the $6000+ they kept throughout the year wasn't enough...they want $1,100 more. I'm a single chick with no kids for crying out loud. I guess it pays to have kids, have debt, and have very little income. Bat tells me I'm the gov't dream for abuse.

Nikky said...

Scott, normally, I would agree, it was MY money that I paid in, etc, but we did not pay them over 9K... much less in fact. JP's income while deployed over there is not taxable, and with having 3 kids, and (by all appearances) trying to raise them on what little JP made that was reportable on his W2, and my shortlived income before I quit that stinkin' job and went back to school, we got back more than a refund... they refunded what little we paid them, AND got more to boot! This is a rare occurance, and will probably never happen again, so I am enjoying it to the fullest extent of the law! LOL