Monday, January 1

HAPPY NEW YEAR

And what a wonderful way to ring in the new year, too. JP and I went to the Sandbar, local skuzzy bar, they had a great band, and alot of good friends, and of course, plenty of alcohol. Surprisingly though, I am not hung over this morning, and JP seems fine, too. Yeah, we didn't head to bed until 3 am, and we are up at 8, and no headache, no cotton mouth, no upset stomach... just hungry actually.

When we left the bar we realized that we had not designated a driver. Any other night, and I would have drove home, I was amazed at how "normal" I felt. BUT, it was New Year's Eve, and the cops in town knew it... they were everywhere. My mom was at our house, watching our kids like the wonderful best friend that she is, and she had said we could call her for a ride if we needed to. I felt awful doing it, but we woke her up at 2 am, and she came to get us.

Today we have to go back to the bar and get the vehicle we left there, and I have decided to bring breakfast out to Mom, too. She had to work this morning, so I will bring her a sausage egg biscuit. Or two.

I think now that the "new" has worn off him, I will start cooking again. Ever since JP has been home, we have eaten out. Taco John's. McDonald's. Domino's. He has missed his friends, I tell ya! But tonight, we start living like a normal family again, and I will cook for him. If you know me at all, you're laughing right now, because normal and "nikky cooking" do not usually go together. I am not suzy homemaker, and I have never been mistaken for betty crocker either. But what the hell, it's a new year, might make that my resolution... yeah, to be a better wifey... shit, I can't even type that without laughing! Maybe I need a better resolution. I'll come up with something... I know it's not going to be "quit smoking"... that is so cliche, and I am not a quitter.

sarcasm this morning... what fun.

Hope everyone had a safe and happy new year, and a nice sleep in this morning!!
I met someone new this morning. By the name of Richard Morningwood.
hehe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You and your am nookie nookie!! I like this "in a good mood every post" girl. I think I'll keep ya around.

We stayed at home. Kissed when Carson Daily said it was midnight, went back to blogging, then went to bed. Maybe we'll plan better next year.

Good luck cooking. I'm a great microwave cook, lemme know if you need some recipes. lol

Happy New Year my new blogging buddy!