Friday, January 12

Update

Well, the kids took it OK for now, although I am sure there will be repercussions later. I had to over explain the math to them: No, it's not 4 months total, it's 4 months longer than the 3 we already had left, so that comes to 7 months, so we are looking at July or August before he comes home.

We got some other bad news tonight, too. When it rains, it pours I guess. My grandmother lives in Michigan, she's my mom's step mom actually, but she calls her Mom and I call her Grandma. For the past 10 years or so, Mom and I have made road trips out there for long weekend visits. It's a trip we used to love, we really bonded a lot, and have had some great talks on those trips. My Grandfather passed away a few years ago, and one of the most fun/bizarre/bittersweet trips was the one we took to go out for his funeral.

My mom called tonight and said that we may need to make another trip for another funeral sometime soon. My Grandmother is in the hospital, and she is not doing well. My mom has lost a lot of family in a very short few years, and this is just not fair. I feel so lost, I don't know what to do for her, except to be there for her, but what good does that do, really?

My Dad called tonight, too. He is coming up tomorrow for a visit, and (best news) he is coming alone. I miss him a lot, but I do not miss his wife at all. When he called tonight, the first thing he asked was "So is JP's deployment part of that..." I interrupted him "Yeah Dad" I just didn't want to hear it, didn't want to think about it, don't want to talk about it. I just want to get on with it and hopefully it will just go by.

Time to go.
And Thanks Flat, it does help to know that someone out there who doesn't even know me tries to cheer me up! You're a peach!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like how you are so family oriented. Glad you're going to get to spend some time with your daddy. You only get one in life...if you're lucky.

Sorry about your grandmother. I hope she gets better and leaves the hospital but if she is going to lay at home and suffer, sometimes it's best to go on.

Have a great weekend!

Did you figure out the sitemeter thing?

Nikky said...

I think I got it figured out, but I'm not sure. I went to the site, and got signed up... but I thought I would have a little somptin' icon type thing on here... or is it something I have to do, and am just a computer idiot, as I have assumed all along?

Nikky said...

ok, NOW, I figured it out. I had an email from them telling me how to do it, but it was in my junk email file... so I almost deleted it!

Anonymous said...

Looks like your sitemeter is up & running at the bottom of your page. Way to go! Now you can see all the stalkers YOU have! Just kidding, I'm sure you are safe, if you wanna be.