Saturday, January 20

Ventilation System

OK, so this post is going to be entirely bitchy and when reading it, you have to imagine me yelling it at a horrible inconsiderate wench who is absolutely clueless.

Some background info: I had someone tell me that they know EXACTLY how I feel, with JP being gone, because she was a single mother for 8 years after she divorced her husband.

No, you don't know. You have no fucking clue. This is nowhere near the same. You left him, a horrible abusive drunk who smacked you around and threatened your kids. Your life was BETTER without him. You did not lie awake nights wishing he was sleeping next to you breathing excessively loud.

The man missing from my bed, from my life is the best man ever created. He loves me, he treats me like a queen. He lets me have my way pretty much all the time. He makes me feel like there is nothing I can't do. He gives me the courage and support to be a better person. YOUR husband called you a piece of shit, and treated you as such. I love my husband with all my heart, and I MISS HIM EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY DAY. You worried in those first few months that yours would FIND you.

The only thing in common in the two situations is that yes, we both have to raise kids alone. We both do it with fear, yours is a fear of him returning. My greatest fear is that he won't.

Not the same. Don't ever say "I know JUST how you feel... because until you've done this, you have no clue. I hope you never have to know firsthand what this feels like, because it is heart wrenching.


OK, there, got that out of my system. I vent here because I'm just too friggin' nice to actually scream that stuff. I'd probably burst into tears within the first few words. It just feels better to get it out somewhere.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Say it here sweet pea. We are listening. You are right, we don't have a clue. Maybe there is a way to gently let her know you view yoru situations completely different. If not, just let it go, it's not worth the arguement.

Nikky said...

Yeah, I let it go... that's why I blurted it out here. Some people just have a shitty way of being "helpful" I guess. At least she meant well, right?

honkeie said...

remind me not to anger a woman ever.....again :)

EJL said...

me... being the person I am.. would have rolled my eyes and said "no it isn't the same".

But it is good that you let it out any which way that you can. I couldn't imagine walking in your shoes sweetie. I know how much I love my hubby..

My brother served two tours in Iraq and when they first invaded I was alone in my room and just let it out! I pulle dthe shelves down, smashed frames, screamed and just destroyed the clean 15 x 10 space. The world felt so small and I was so frightened. If that were the love of my life and the father of my children... let's just say you are a ton stronger woman than I ever would be.

EJL said...

You showed how strong you were posting on my Iraq thread. You showed so much more poise that I ever could.