Sunday, January 21

nothing

no sign of her, injured, dead or otherwise. 4 hours last night, 4 today when it was light enough. nothing.

all I can think is that she got out to the road and someone picked her up, thinking she was a runaway. the girls don't wear collars. we called the local radio stations and will do the newspapers tomorrow.

I just hate not knowing. Even if she were gone, I'd want to find her body, just to know, so mom would know. not knowing is the worst part.

it's too cold out there for her. it snowed this morning, so even if we could find tracks, they're covered now.

the girls do not run off, this is not normal. something made zoey take off. kate didn't go with her, so i can't believe that it was an animal they were chasing. kate could have outrun and outlasted zoey on a chase. i just don't understand.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Zoey finds he way back to you. I know you hate to think of her being out in this freezing cold weather with no means of food or water but we also have to remember animals have instincts us humans do not. She'll take care of herself.

A blog no one knows about???? hmmmm....

Nikky said...

well, they know now, but it will remain locked, so it's still sort of a secret...

Anonymous said...

I understand. I don't blame you for having it at all.

Nicole said...

I will keep good thoughts for your dog.
I can't imagine how awful it would be if one of my cats went missing.

Take care

honkeie said...

After reading your most recent post and then reading this one.....sad, just sad. Hope everything is going ok,