Monday, January 8

College Books

This morning I went up to the school (Ive been off since the week before Christmas, but I have to go back on Wednesday) to get my books for the Spring semester.

Wanna know what $421 will get you?

  1. Quickbooks Pro 2006 ~ This is for my SPREADSHEET APPLICATIONS class. This book alone cost me $114
  2. Microsoft Office Excel 2003 ~ This is another book for my SPREADSHEET APPLICATIONS class. This book cost me $55. Funny, I thought this would have been one of the higher priced ones.
  3. Income Tax Fundamentals ~ This is for my (duh) INCOME TAX class. This book was also $114!
  4. Exploring Psychology ~ For my GENERAL PSYCH. class. This one set me back $55.
  5. The Art of Public Speaking ~ for my INTRO TO PUBLIC SPEAKING class. This one comes with a audio CD set and CD-ROMS with Videos, and was a mere $83...

The nice thing is, with JP still here and my classes starting back up, at least the 8 am classes don't start until the 17th. I hate the thought of going to classes while he's here, seems like a waste of time. But it's only 3 days, and it's not like I have a ton of classes, on Wed and Thurs I have class from 11 am to 3pm, and Friday is 9 am to 2 pm.

JP flies out of Fargo Sunday morning. My Saturday is supposed to be spent at the school, doing an all day Senate thing. I have notified my President that we can either reschedule it, or they can do it without me, I will not be available that day. It's just the Executive Board, doing some housekeeping and refiguring of the Constitution, crap like that. The Secretary SHOULD be there, taking notes, reworking and rewording things based on decisions made by the Board. But that is just not going to happen. I refuse to spend his last day in the States in the company of those dorks. Family is much more important than Senate.

We have a fun afternoon in store, within the hour we will be heading out to Mom and Dave's to burn garbage and have a visit. OK, I just reread that and realize what a hick that makes me sound like. But see, with the week we've had, we have an overflow of garbage, and the company that picks it up at the curb charges us extra for anything that won't fit into the can they give us. Dave told us that we can always bring stuff out there to burn, so we are going to get that taken care of and have a nice visit. Mom has been keeping an incredibly low profile since JP has been home, and I miss her alot.

Tonight I am back to bowling league, after a couple of weeks off for the holidays. Emma has hockey practice, so JP will take her to that, then come to the bowling alley and hang out and laugh at me, no doubt.

The city boys stopped in today, sounds like Thursday night we are going out with them for a night of drinking. I've already called mom, and she will come in to stay with the kids.

That's all for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are taking the basic pre-reqs. What is your major? I remember the days of those expensive books. Ridiculous!!

I know all about burning garbage. Growing up in the country we never had a pick-up service. We had a spot by the garden we burned once a week or so. Sometimes I miss the country.

I think JP should take some photos of this bowling thing you do.

Drinking? Shoot one for me sister!

Anonymous said...

I've had to make my blog private. If you would still like to visit please send me an email so I can invite you. rastockdale@yahoo.com

Nikky said...

I am going for my associate degree in Accounting... hopefully that will be enough. If not, I will go to a state school to finish out my bachelor's... hope it doesnt come to that, it's expensive enough just getting the associates!!