Wednesday, January 10

Numb and Crying

I got this email a bit ago. It says "UNCLASSIFIED" all over the fucker, so I figured I could copy and paste the whole damn thing. What are they gonna do if they don't like it? Send me to Iraq? (Please! Maybe I could spend some time with my husband!) What could they do to me that is worse than what they are already doing? I cannot think of a worse punishment... and we haven't even done a crime. This is what my husband gets for years of service to his country. So even with an 18 month deployment, SORRY, THAT'S NOT ENOUGH?? I am so beyond pissed off and disappointed and hurt, and angry. My heart actually feels like it is breaking. How can they do this to him? Yeah, to our family, but to my husband (and all those guys), haven't they been away from home long enough?


Dear Families,I have been made aware that the (BRIGADE)will be extended in Iraq for an unspecified period of time. We have not yet determined how this decision will affect the mission of the BCT, but will provide as much information as possible once the unit has been able to analyze any mission change and determine what information is appropriate to disseminate while maintaining operational security.The President has given his message and the troops currently in Iraq are being extended. This includes 1st BCT!Is this a raw deal? Of course! We have every right to be angry, but the reality is that the long awaited homecoming will be pushed back.The message I want to give is that now, probably more than ever, is the time to reach out to each other and through mutual support, weather this set-back.I will be asking the State of Minnesota to step up to help the families of our soldiers. My hope is that this would help ease the burdens.I am so proud of our soldiers and their families. We owe all of you so much and will do our utmost to help you through this change and disappointment. Please be sure to send this information to as many family members as possible so that they are receiving the information from our family vs hearing about it through the media.God Bless!!
(then it's signed by the top SOB of the MN Guard)

I can't talk about this anymore, I think I may vomit.

3 comments:

Scott from Oregon said...

fuck

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry sweet pea. I know there is nothing I can say to make you feel better except I hope divine intervention kicks in here and they change their mind.

I never thought I'd say eff the prez.

I saw on the news yesterday he wants to send 20 thousand more over. STUPID.

Scott from Oregon said...

Go to any blog and look for a buton that says SITEMETER

Click on it. You should be able to get one for yourself...