Sunday, January 14

Perfect Timing

JP called a bit ago, he was already in Chicago. As I was downstairs in the family room talking to him (He called my cell, the kids were upstairs and didn't hear it ring) I hear someone coming down the stairs. It's Eric. He says "Mommy, I miss Daddy already"

"I know babe, me too, here, tell him" and I handed him the phone. His little eyes that were almost brimming over with tears suddenly lit up. He grabbed the phone and ran to the other end of the room to whisper to his daddy. "I already miss you Daddy" They talked a bit more, then Emma had a turn, and Alex came bounding down the stairs, and got in line, too.

Well, that did it for me... *sob, sniffle*

this is so hard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww....sniff sniff

Scott from Oregon said...

yes. I know it is...