Wednesday, January 24

Just when you thought it was safe

Yeah, that's right... another reason to hate January.

I got a call tonight about 8:30. My grandmother out in Michigan passed away today. Her funeral is Saturday. Mom and I are going out there. My last class Friday ends at noon, so we are leaving right after that, and will head home shortly after the funeral. Since it is a quick trip, I am not going to ask the in-laws to drive all that way. My friend Gina (again, what great friends I have) offered to stay here with the kids over the weekend. Mom actually thought she had to ask me if we could bring Kate along. Of course. I wouldn't separate Mom and Kate now, it wouldn't be good for either one of them.

So Kate, Mom and I are jumping in the KIA for another road trip.

I am not crying. I think it's partly because Grandma had a wonderful long life, full of love and friendship, and her passing, while sudden (so shortly after being diagnosed with cancer) was not to be unexpected. I believe she was 90. I think another reason for the lack of tears is that I am all out. I have nothing left. I tried to cheer up, and I get knocked down again. I'm tired of being sad, and depressed.

I just want January to be over with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Between you & Bat I don't know what I'm going to do. He has not seen sunlight in 3 days due to his new job. He goes in before the sun comes up and gets home after the sun sets.

I'm ready for July.