Saturday, January 13

Here's to good friends

I have good friends.

My best friend, Pauli called to ask how I was doing today. I am supposed to stop in tomorrow when we get back to town after taking JP to the airport. She knows I will need a hug. I miss her a lot, she's been keeping a low profile since JP got home, and we made plans to get together for lunch on Monday, she gets off work at 11, I don't have classes, and the kids do, so we are going to get caught up with each other. (Yeah, btw, Pauli is my mom... my best friend)

Gina also called tonight, asking what my plans are for tomorrow. I told her that I will be at the airport at 9 am, (with the kids, of course) and she said "So by the afternoon, you're gonna need some cheering up, huh?" Yeah, I'm sure I will. So I will call her and she is going to take care of the arrangements and we are going to go bowling. Gawd knows I need the practice (yeah, so does she, she's our newest member on our team) and laughing at myself and Gina will definitely cheer me up.

I can tell that JP is starting to realize that it's almost over. He's quiet (even more than normal) and I think it's really sinking in for him that this extension is a reality. I feel so awful for him. He just wants to be home with his wife and kids, he just wants us to be a real family. I hope he realizes that no matter how long it takes, we will still be here when he gets back. We love him, and we will wait for any amount of time... he's worth the wait.

Other than lunch with Mom on Monday, I plan to spend the day getting caught up on laundry, and getting my house back to "without him" normal. Then maybe I can just settle in and get back to getting it done. I have some homework to do, I should finish that before the kids get home from school, too.

Time to get off the computer and enjoy these last few hours... It could very well be August before I get this back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cherish every single second. Does JP read your blog from Iraq? I hope you do ok tomorrow, it'll be hard to let go and say good-bye I am sure. Stay strong.

Nikky said...

Yeah, he reads it, in fact, when I first started it, he was the only one who knew about it. It was originally just for him, and I'd post stuff about me and the kids to keep him in the loop, ya know?