Tuesday, December 26

The waiting begins

Right about now, 9 hours ahead of us, and thousands of miles away, my husband is waking up on this day, the day he starts coming home. For him, it is tomorrow morning, and he is waking up knowing that the next bed he sleeps in will be his own, and he will share it with his wife.

I will go to bed tonight knowing that the time separating us can now be counted in hours, not days, not weeks. HOURS.

I don't know what to do with myself, I don't know how to make time go by faster. I could sleep, yeah, I could sleep away the time remaining, but there is so much to do. All that time I spent procrastinating has now come to an end. It is time to get it done. And yet I find these things I have to do seem trivial and silly. How can I be expected to do my laundry and clean my room when the love of my life is returning to me in mere hours? I know, I know, it seems odd. I should be freaking out over what needs to be done, but I am not. I am just sitting here watching time tick by slowly.

It is a long awaited visit here, one that will go by too quickly, of that I am certain. But I am determined not to think about the end of it until it is upon us. I do not want to spend time crying over saying goodbye while he is here. That time should be spent enjoying his presence, not fretting over his absence. I know me, though, and I will think of it. I will not be able to NOT think of it. But I have to remember to live in the now, or look far forward to the day when he comes home again, for good then. We have made it this far, and looking back, knowing that we survived that incredibly long period of time will help us to make it through the final 3 months. Seeing him again, having him home for this visit will renew our love and our resolve to make it, to see it through to the end.

I will see you soon honey, in person, in the flesh. I cannot wait to feel your arms around me again, it has been too long since I felt that, the best feeling I have ever known.

No comments: