Tuesday, December 19

Mission Accomplished

I went in to school this morning, spent (read: wasted) an hour of my life on an open book test for Business Math. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate an open book test as much as the next goof who didn't bother to study the material...BUT, in reality, why bother having a test if it's open book? Why not just give us each a damn A, call it a day and let me go back to bed, you silly old bitch. There's an hour of my life that I will never get back, that's what I'm saying. I have a ton of better things to do than flip pages in a book looking up the formula for figuring the straight line method of depreciation vs using the MACRS tables supplied by the IRS, thank you very much. I could have been cleaning out the garage, I could have been putting up the Christmas tree, I could have spent that hour cleaning my dogs' ears and it STILL would have been more productive and useful to my life than taking a damn open book test.

But I did it, because I paid for the damn class, and I want my friggin' A.

Afterwards, I came home and showered (yeah, that's right, I did not shower before going to class, figured what the hell, I may smell bad, but ... hell, I got nothin, yeah, maybe I smelled a little ripe this morning, but I don't give a rat's ass what my fellow students thought. I was working on a big fat A on a "thanks for letting us cheat" open book test, what the hell do I care what I smell like?)
Wow, I digress.
I showered, and got presentable and went on a little shopping trip. Finished up everything. Thank goodness for Target and Fargo, ND, because our little podunk town has shit for Lego, and that is all Mr. Eric has on his Christmas wish list... not to mention his 9th birthday which is Friday.

Emma has been nagging me, every time a commercial comes on for that damn "Biggest Little Pet Shop" she comes to find me, wants to drag me off to see it, so that I know exactly what she's talking about when she talks about wanting that damn thing. She talks about it CONSTANTLY. I bought it last week, by the way. I'm getting to the point where I just wanna say "Yeah, Em, I got it, not just the commercial, not just the information, I got the friggin' thing, it's under my bed right now so shut up about it or it's going back to the store!"

When I got back from Blessed Fargo, I had to wrap everything I had gotten, and get it hidden away before the monsters were released from school. I pulled the tree and the decorations out of the hidden closet in the living room, and then shoved all the gifts into that space. I shut the closet door, and put a chair up against the wall and piled stuff in the chair. There is no way those monsters are getting another look, poke or prod at ANY gifts. On Christmas Eve, I will sneak in there and take out the gifts they will be allowed to open on Christmas morning... yeah, the clothes. I AM the meanest mommy EVER... they'll get their stockings, too. But everything else will wait until Dad is home to share Christmas with us. They're all in agreement, that is the best way to go. Of course, they think they get to open "one gift each" on Christmas morning, but they don't know that I get to pick it, and they don't know that I'm picking the clothing gifts for them. I think my nomination for "Mother of the Year" may be in jeopardy.

I am very tired tonight, so I think this is it, I think I may be done. Tomorrow is a 10 am test on Powerpoint, then I am officially done. I know, I know, I said that last week, but I really thought I was done then. Sneaky bastards decided to make us come in during finals week even though these are not final tests. Just to drag it out a little longer. That's okay though, because after tomorrow, that's it, that's all, nothing again until January 10th. Peace, quiet, no homework, the kids home from school ( crap) and my husband home from hell. This is what I'm working for, this is the time of my life.

No comments: