Sunday, December 3

hmmm, let's see

What a boring day so far.
I'm still in my PJ's at 11:30am, so that at least, is going well.

I have some homework to do, no problem, I can whip that out in an hour or so.

What I should really be doing is working on the house. I know me, I procrastinate, and it drives me nuts. It does work for me, I usually get shit done, but it makes me crazy. Why do I do this to myself? I have to get the old family room furniture out of here, take it to the dump, I want to get some major cleaning done, since JP's family is coming up at the end of the month/beginning of next month (some of them for the first time). They will be coming up for a late Christmas/see JP kind of visit. Plus I'd like to have the house looking nice just because JP is coming home.

Procrastination works for me in the sense that I get shit done, but at the same time, it does not work for me, because I end up being frazzled and bitchy. And sweaty. I hate being sweaty. I end up running around trying to get everything done NOW... when I could have had some of it done a week or even a month ago. It's funny, I like to think of myself as a good planner, I make lists, I get shit written down. But when it comes to the big stuff, I put it off and put it off, and put it off until I work myself up into a neomaxi zoom dweebie. (To quote Judd Nelson)

Funniest thing is, as I sit here, I am bored. I COULD, NO, SHOULD be doing this stuff. I have no motivation, that's the problem... anybody got any ideas? Ugh... get off your ass Nik!

Ya know what I really wish? I wish it was like the 23rd of December. THEN you'd really see me kickin' ass. It's like I'm gonna just sit here and wait for psycho time to kick in so I can do things, how dumb is that?

I rationalize it with "But it works for me"...BUT IT DOESN'T, NOT REALLY! I just wish I could learn to do things in a timely manner. Maybe I'm just too set in my ways, too stubborn (who? me? naw, never!) to realize that there is a better way.

OK, I have used this blog enough today for procrastination purposes...time to find something else. Maybe I will start small, straighten up the bedroom, then hope the cleaning bug bites me square on the ass and I can carry it over to the rest of the house.

Cross your fingers and hope for the best.
(OK, bug...BITE MY ASS!)

No comments: