Friday, December 8

Getting ready

Tomorrow morning the kids and I, and mom are going down to Minneapolis. We do not want to go. We have agreed to go, we made the commitment, but WE. DO. NOT. WANT. TO. GO.

We are going down to see the Minneapolis Gay Men's Chorus' Christmas program, "Don We Now Our Gay Apparel". Have I ever mentioned how much I. HATE. CHRISTMAS. MUSIC?

We are making a very short visit to the 'after party' at Steven and Mark's home. We will go in, congratulate Mark, give him the obligatory roses, hugs and kisses then hit the road. This little party is not for people like us anyway... you know, NORMAL PEOPLE. Steven decided that with everyone coming in from Atlanta and Phoenix etc for Mark's debut, that he would just be too busy and frazzled to cook anything, so he hired a caterer. People like mom and I, people with kids, they do not do catered events. We will go make an appearance and 'oooo' and 'aaaaah' over Steven and his snotty lifestyle, then head back to the hotel (that Steven paid for, TYVM) and order a pizza, maybe stop off at the liquor store on the way.

Actually no, I will be spending every possible minute working on my homework. So no liquor store... but the pizza sounds great.

Tonight I took Alex out to get his hair cut, the black is finally gone, and I think he looks weird. I guess I got used to it. JP, I'm sure you will think he looks normal, you didn't see too much of the black, just a little on an IM once or twice, I think.

Tomorrow morning I have to take Hailey and Comet out to the Kennel that we use. And I have to go pick up mom at Dave's. He is watching Kate and Zoey for her. She wanted to leave her truck there so her girls didn't freak out too much. Probably a good idea, easier on Dave that way.

I still have some packing up to do tonight, and get the girls' things together. It will be a busy frazzled morning, I just know it, and there's nothing I can do about it. I can't do any of the running around tonight, it's just going to have to work. Thing is, the reason I will be in a hurry is just plain dumb. Steven wants us there by noon. TOO FUCKING BAD. We will get there when we get there. I am not gonna run my ass off so I can go spend MORE time in his museum plastic snotty house. No thank you.

OK, enough procrastinating, time to get the girls' food stuff rationed out for the Kennel guy, and find their leashes etc., make sure the kids are all packed (correctly... everyone packed more than one pair of clean underwear? Everyone have SOCKS?)

JP ~ I love you. I cannot wait to have you back here where you belong.

No comments: