Saturday, December 16

Emma, the hockey STAR!!

I am so proud of my little girl.
They had a game today against Fergus Falls (our girls call them fungus falls).
It was not a total ass whooping, yes, our girls lost, 8-1

BUT


That one goal? (no, em did not score it)


BUT


She assisted. For anyone not in the hockey-know, that means she passed it to the girl who did score. And it means she gets credit for the assist, like, without her, the goal would not have happened!! I was almost in tears, I was so happy. JP I can't wait for you to see how much she has improved. Oh, and Tom S. was one of the referees for their game, I even caught him whispering to Em to move up in front of the net at one point... but no, I don't think the refs were
biased!! LOL
I got a bunch of Christmas wrapping done today, all of Emma's is done, I went out and bought the big thing for Eric, a Lego Millennium Falcon set. It's still in the back end of the van, will have to wait until the kids go to bed tonight to bring it in. I have Alex's smaller gift, still want to get him a clothing type gift, same for Eric. Then the things that JP ordered for Alex and Emma will have to be wrapped assuming they arrive in time. I still am not sure how we are going to do this. I think Christmas morning for the kids will be the clothing gifts and their stockings. Everything else will wait for JP to come home to see.
I also got Steven and Mark taken care of. They are coming up next Saturday and spending the night, leaving sometime on Sunday (Christmas Eve). I was not able to give Steven any ideas for the kids, so he said that he was just going to give them gift cards. He acted all pissy about it. Um, actually, they LOVE gift cards. It's like a shopping spree for them, it's actually MORE fun that way.
I have damn near no money left, and I still have to buy groceries, but hey, that's what credit is for, right? Between the different forms of money coming in shortly after Christmas and shortly after the New Year, I think I should be able to bump us nicely back into the black, we'll be fine.
Tomorrow I am going to try to rearrange furniture to figure out where to put the tree downstairs. I think I want it down there this year. Now that we don't need a tank there in the corner for Shaggy, I think that's where I will put it. After Christmas, when the tree is gone, that's where the kids can have their big Santa gift in it's permanent location. Yeah, that sounds like a plan, now all I have to do if figure out what to do with that big 55 gallon tank. Lug it out to the garage, I suppose. My luck I'll fall on the ice, on my ass, shatter glass and ass all in one slick move.
Will keep you posted dear, I know you're concerned about my ass. hehe

No comments: