Monday, December 11

"Be the ball"

This is what Amanda told me tonight. I was pretty much sucking ass, first game I only bowled a 98.

so as I step up for my first frame of game #2, she bellows out "BE THE BALL, NIK, BE THE BALL" and then she, Charity, Jacqui and Missy all start that NUH NUH NUH NUH" thing that Chevy Chase does in Caddyshack... I started giggling hysterically, and...

THREW A STRIKE!!

My next two games were a large improvement, I got a 114 and a 124. That gave me a nightly average of 112, MUCH better than my cumulative average of 103. The way I see it, as long as I stay right in the general area of my average, yeah, I'm good, I'll take that.

So seeing my brother this weekend did give me one good thing: another recommendation. He is the one who recommended we stay in Playa Del Carmen, he even recommended a great hotel. JP and I had 7 days of incredible fun and sun and...sex (no TV in the room, wooohhooooo!)

So JP and I had talked about taking another vacation roughly Feb/Mar of '08. Another 7 days of bliss, no kids, sand and sun and, of course, sex. I asked Steven to recommend a good place, not all touristy, not extremely expensive, but this time we did want to do all-inclusive. He right away blurts out "Coral Resort, Santo Domingo". Now, being the Midwestern sheltered-life wench that I am, I paused, wondering if I should ask or just pretend I knew. I decided to ask: "Where is that?" He rolled his eyes and said "Dominican Republic, duh" Thanks Steven, I needed that, you egotistical fucknut. ANYWAY... (sorry, got off on a 'hate him' tangent there) So he says that it's an all inclusive resort, really nice, right on the beach, and it runs around $100 per night. HOLY CRAP! Are ya kiddin' me? That would be fabulous! So I emailed JP about it, and I will do some searching online myself, see what I can find.

I'm about to go bonkers with all the stuff I have to do... silly little things, like homework, and mailing stuff out, and cleaning my house, and taking care of surprises and such. I have Christmas presents under my bed which I know are not safe until they are wrapped twice in paper and hidden again. I wish it was next week already.

JP says it's almost a sure thing that he's leaving hell on the 27th. That would be so wonderful. That way he MAY make it home for New Year's Eve so I don't have to hop a flight down to Nashville and intrude on Flat & Bat's plans!LOL

OK, time to hit it, I have an 8a.m. class with a psycho math teacher... {want her to retire} who goes through a chapter a week, one hour of learning stuff, then 2 days later...A TEST... psychotic wench!

Yup, that's it, stick a fork in me, I'm done!

2 comments:

Scott from Oregon said...

There is a little enclave just west of Playa Del Carmen that has a few condos one can rent. It sits on a fresh water lagoon and is a marvelous place to vacation.

Google AKUMAL and see what it brings up. I did alot of work on a house there, is why I know ir...

Nikky said...

see, Scott, that would be my vote, going back to the PDC area, but JP thinks we should see other countries. I guess that's ok, as long as he's willing to concede to retiring in Playa... he better, cuz that's where I will be!!