Tuesday, December 12

SNOW DAY!

OK, so not "snow" per say, but the kids did get out of going to school today. Call it a "freezing rain" day, and it just doesn't have the same lovely ring to it!

Because the roads were awful, I, too skipped out on a class. Just my morning one though. I had a Senate meeting at noon, and Accounting class at 1, so I did go to those.

I got the official word from JP this morning: HE LEAVES HELL ON THE 27TH OF DECEMBER!! Can ya tell I'm just a little excited!? This means that MOST LIKELY he will be home for New Year's Eve. Less than 20 days and that luscious, dreamy hunk of a man will be back in my arms where he belongs!

And by the time he heads back to Hell, the countdown will be around 2 months til HOME FOR GOOD!!

I am finishing up final prep on certain gifts, and of course, there will be pictures posted shortly after they're taken, cannot wait for that moment!!

I talked to my father-in-law tonight, things are getting set for the 6th, sounds like both sisters, brother and a few nephews and nieces will be arriving that Saturday morning, staying the night at hotels in town, and having a good get-together/welcome home party. I am really looking forward to that. I think it will be good for the family to get together like this.

I got a post card in the mail from the girls' vet, it's time for their annual rabies shots, and I am going to try to make the appointments for next week when I'm mostly off. I really want to get Comet in on that scale. I'm guessing she's in the upper 70#s. My sweet little moose baby, she is!

I'm still not sleeping well, really starting to piss me off. Mom gave me some Excedrin PM a bit ago, we shall see how that works. It's not so much that I'm not sleeping well, I CAN sleep all night, once I actually get to sleep. That's where the problem lies. I cannot seem to shut off my thinking and planning and wondering and considering and questioning and pondering and other various forms of verbal diarrhea that aren't really verbal, they're all mental, and they will not shut up and LET ME SLEEP!

So here it is, 9pm, and I've got about 20 minutes in since I swallowed those PM's... hoping they'll kick in soon. Plus, I got good news today about JP, so I'm hoping that alone will help me rest easier tonight. I have to get more than 4 or 5 hours of sleep a night, I just cannot function like this much longer. See? Now I am putting pressure on myself to fall asleep, shit, that's not gonna work!

Ugh, OK, few more things to goof with online, then I'm going to let the pretty blue pills carry me off (I hope!).

Goodnight honey, I love you so much.
(Hey, here's a bonus question for you JP... What happened on this date in history? Our history, that is) get the correct answer and get a special present when you get home!!

No comments: