Friday, December 29

The long awaited phone call

He called this morning, shortly before 9 am, he's in Atlanta. His flight into Fargo arrives at 5pm.
TODAY!! Today is the day I get my husband and my life back, for just a couple of weeks, but I'll take it!!

So the rest of my day is the last minute stuff, quick house cleaning, getting the big yellow bow ready to go on the truck. Yeah, since he's in the air, and can't get online, I can tell y'all, I bought him a truck, for Christmas, Father's Day, his birthday, our anniversary, WHATEVER! He doesn't know, it's a surprise... he's gonna wig out, I cannot wait to see that. JP is a quiet shy man, doesn't show emotion too much, at least not in public (I see a little when it's just he and I alone) so the thought of him freaking out happy over this truck just makes me giddy!! I have to teach my mom how to run the camcorder so she can get THAT LOOK on his face when the garage door goes up and he sees THE TRUCK. He wanted this truck over a year ago, when we bought the KIA van. He drooled over it on the dealer's lot, and I dragged him away, saying "with three kids and two big dogs, we need a van, not this toy"

I can't think of anyone who deserves this truck more than him. He is the best man I have ever met. My children are really lucky to have such a man as their father, and I cannot even begin to explain how fortunate I feel that he is my husband.

AND HE IS COMING HOME TODAY!!

Lots to do, so I better get off my butt and get to it. I still haven't figured out what to wear to the airport either.

Oh, and go figure, NOW it's snowing. Haven't had snow hardly AT ALL, and now that I want his flight to come in on time, it has to snow. Oh, well, at least we will have a white Christmas after all!!

No comments: