Tuesday, December 5

The Lion Sleeps Tonight

I couldn't think of a better title for this post, so I went with the song I'm listening to... sorry Scott, I know this one has special meaning to you, and I am especially sorry if it is now lodged in your head.

I was going to go to Fargo tonight, start on my Christmas shopping, but two things screwed that up: winter has arrived in Minnesota, and Emma had her hockey team photo shoot tonight.

The weather was so bizarre today, when I left school at 1:30, it was sunny, bitter cold, but sunny. By 3, the next time I looked outside, it was a combo of freezing rain and huge snow flakes. Made the roads really bad, really fast.

After Emma's practice and photos, Mom and I did run out to pick up a few things though, but we stayed right here in town. I got the new PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN II movie... so that alone makes me the greatest mom EVER. They think I got it for them... silly buggers. Any movie that has Johnny Depp AND Orlando Bloom... of course I must own it, HELLO?!

Mom is dealing with a life changing decision here, and I hope she makes the right one. Well, "the right one" is rather subjective, I know. I know what I want her to do, because I think it would be really good for her. She has these walls, big, thick and sky-high ones... she needs to put in a door, at the very least. I hope she sees that. If she had a door, I know one guy who would be on the other side knocking... I just hope she answers the door. He's not the Bogey man, he's not a solicitor, he's not trying to run her life... just share it with her. MOM? Did ya hear that? I love you and you deserve to be happy. Sometimes you have to do a little scary to get to happy. Go for it!

I found out today that I have NO FINALS the week of December 18-22. All of my classes but one will just end the semester with the last chapter of the book. The one class that is scheduled to have a final...hehehe, yeah, that's right, I have an exemption from that final. So my last day of classes is December 15th. How sweet it is to be a brown-nosing brainiac!! It's a nice change, and I'll take it! I promise, (Mom, JP, this is for you) that this is as close to being like Steven that I will EVER BE!!

I'm still pissed at the Army, but I'm getting over it. They still suck ass, and I hate them, but I have accepted the fact that JP and I will adjust, that's what we do. They fuck us over, and we adjust... it's been that way for years, and it will continue for a few more. We will get through this, and in the end, we win.

I love you babe, and I cannot wait to have you here, whenever that may be.

No comments: