Thursday, April 5

A special place in heaven

I believe that there is a special place in heaven for mothers of difficult children.
Cool thing is, I know when I get there, my mom will be waiting to greet me.

Emma does not get the concept of calling to ask for permission. She thinks calling and leaving a message of her whereabouts is good enough. She was given permission to go swimming. She called shortly after 7 (apparently, nobody here got that call) and left a message that was garbled and with so much background noise that no actual words could be deciphered. She assumed that was good enough for permission to go to a church youth group with her friends.

LEAVING A MESSAGE IS NOT THE SAME AS GETTING PERMISSION!!

I hate to make it seem like I am punishing her for going to church, but I know that is how she will see it. She's on a religion kick lately,and I don't mean to stifle that, and I know she will see it that way.

Now I have to ground her for the foreseeable future... Damn, I hope that special place has comfy couches, and diet pepsi, and the words "but mom" are not allowed there. I have to believe that is the case. I deserve it to be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are right, that's NOT permission. Maybe if you explain to her that if church is important that's fine but to be sure PERMISSION is granted. Otherwise when it's something other than church she'll just GO do that too without "asking". Just my take on things, one single girl to a married mom. lol