Friday, April 6

Giving thought to next November

Don't know why it's suddenly hit me, but I've been giving alot of thought to National Novel Writing Month. Yeah, I know it's not til November. I got in on it last year, thanks to Scott (AELEOPE on the blog sidebar) and even though I didn't start til 12 days into the month, I still finished on the 27th or 28th. So I know I can do it, especially if I start considering things now... and if I actually start on the 1st, it really should be no problem.

Here's the thing, I have had ideas floating around for some time now. I think I need to start jotting down ideas... maybe doing a little research into the areas that I am not exactly knowledgeable about, technical terms etc. If I can get a decent outline set up, I think that would really help.

So that's what has been on my mind today... anybody else want to share?

5 comments:

Scott from Oregon said...

Wow! You're thinking ahead. Won't
your bubby be home then?

Words...

actions...

words...

actions...

I think the choice would be obvious...

I was thinking about pulling out last year's effort and starting rewrites...

Nikky said...

He will be home in August or so... I don't see that as a deterrant though. I think I should be able to "do" both!
I have considered rewrites, myself! I do know that what I did last NaNoWriMo is not "done" technically, as I want to do some adding and editing to it, but it's just all these ideas floating around in my head! I have to get them out!

Anonymous said...

What's been on my mind today?

Hmmm...the holidays I have to work this year. 4th of July, Thanksgiving, & New Years Day. They got the warning I'd be HUNG OVER New Years so have my coffee ready when I walk in the door.

I also thought about where I want to go on summer vacation.

I also thought about when in the heck is this weather going to warm back up?????

Scott from Oregon said...

So between now and November, write a bunch of outlines to get yourself started and rolling when the first hits...

Nikky said...

Funny Scott, I did exactly that last night.