Sunday, April 22

Piss me off

Wanna know how to get me to do stuff?

Piss me off.

Last fall, THAT is how I ended up being the Student Senate Secretary...
Last night, THAT is how I ended up being the Regional Secretary.

We had our regional senate meeting last night (7 colleges in our region) and it was a mess. The current Region Rep (the one who runs our meetings and represents us in things that involve us as a region) ran the meeting and was ... heckled by 2 of the nastiest bitches... One of them was bitching because Diana, the Rep didn't have a secretary (she was tape recording our meetings and then typed up the minutes herself afterwards, so in essence, SHE was her own secretary) This snotty little bitch was adamant about how Diana should appoint someone, etc. Come to find out that Diana HAD a secretary earlier in the year and eventually, she just sort of disappeared. Who was her secretary? Yeah, you guessed it, the snotty little bitch!
When asked if she planned on doing her job, she lifted her nose a little higher and said NO.
But still kept bitching that Diana should appoint someone (there were no volunteers)

The next bitch was complaining that Diana's minutes were inaccurate. Well, that happens when you have a tape recording with a bunch of background noise, and senators who do not speak loud enough or clear enough. She was bitching about Diana's tape recording 'skills'.
But she, too, refused to do anything to help.
She was just baiting Diana and getting her flustered. It was mean, and it looked like she was doing it out of spite.

I said nothing during the meeting. I found Diana afterwards (her room was 2 doors down from ours) and we had a chat. I asked her if I could do it, would it require a reconvening of our regional meeting? She said "No, that bitch wanted me to appoint someone, so I appoint you!"

Um, ok... so up until that meeting I was planning on saying goodbye to Senate and not being involved in it at all next year. Now I find myself having to do the secretarial duties for not only my campus, but the business of 7 campuses. The nice thing is that I really like next year's Regional Representative. Her name is Amanda, and she is just nice.

So, the weekend then...
We arrived Friday at 10:30, wasted time for about an hour, then got into meetings. DULL. AGAIN.

We broke for dinner and got checked into our rooms. April, Trevor, Justin and I decided to use that (small, in hindsight) window to run into the nearest town, Grand Rapids, for a small shopping trip. I needed a power strip to get my laptop plugged in during the meetings, and of course, we needed to find a liquor store. Because of that trip, we were about 20 minutes late getting to the Assembly. April and I had lost our voting privileges (Trevor and Justin didn't have that right to begin with, so they lost nothing) because we were not present when they did the roll call. So we had to sit there for about 3 hours FOR NO DAMN REASON. Of course, once they adjourn the meeting (or give us any break in which the senators are allowed to leave the room), they do another roll call and then we count.

After the meeting was adjourned for the evening, we headed back to the room, and got comfy on our patio and got drunk... well, not really, I only had something like 4 of those Smirnoff Twisted bottle yummy drinks. It was alot of fun to just unwind, relax and meet some other senators (our neighbors!)

Now I have to get going, the boring meeting is about to start, and April and I are the only ones from our school here. I think the boys had a late and wild night because they haven't shown up yet. (April and I did homework in our room last night like a couple of geeks... but hey, we're student senators, the "geek" label is already pretty firm)

Later...

2 comments:

Steff said...

I despise women who are bitches just for the sake of being a bitch! I work with someone like that and I have to resist the urge to slap her ugly face every damn day. Boy...I just thought I was over that situation...guess not! LOL

Anyway, green apple is my favorite twisted Smirnoff. ;)

Nikky said...

I prefer the Raspberry, I can take a few sips of the green apple, but it's just too sweet for me!