Thursday, April 5

Girl's Day, the flu and summer session

I had to run to Fargo today to pick up "the essentials" (aka dog food and cigarettes) and when I asked the kids who wanted to come along, it was just Emma.

Alex was still over at Shitball's house, and Eric said he didn't want to come because (and I'm quoting him here) "I am broke as a joke"... um, ok. This isn't going to be a big shopping spree dear, just a quick trip over and back... nope, still didn't want to come. OK, just me and Em then.

So we did our errands, and then I decided that we girls needed to "do lunch" so we went to TGIFriday's, ordered ourselves some slushies (she has strawberry lemonade and I had blue raspberry) and sat and had a nice chat. We had sandwiches that were SO YUMMY (Chicken tender BLT's) and just giggled and laughed and talked about silly things...

Someday I hope she looks to me the way I look to my mom... as a friend. I think this is a good start, having a 'girls only' type of day. It was alot of fun.

When we were leaving the restaurant, Eric called from home. He said that Alex was home, and was sick. I asked "what kind of sick are we talking about?" And again, Mr. Eric with the fabulous lines says "Burnin' the candle at both ends kind of sick" OK, wow, thanks for that image... I knew exactly what he was referring to and stopped him as he tried to explain what he meant.
Thanks, heard ya!

So I get home, unload the 100 lbs of dental care dog food and all the rest of the stuff, and go tap on the bathroom door.

"Alex, ya in there?"

"ugh, yea"
(nasty sound of liquid hitting toilet water here)

"How ya doing?"

(more splashing, still can't tell what end he's got facing porcelain at this point)

(pause)

(pause)

"I feel so bad. My stomach hurts, it's cramping and my head is dizzy"

OK, great, the boy has brought the flu into my home. Now I can assume that the others will take their turn with it, and quite likely, so will I. I am hoping that my wussy little cold will fool the flu into thinking that I have had enough, and maybe it will pass me by. Hey, a girl can hope, right?

So I got him settled on the couch for awhile, sipping water so he doesn't get dehydrated, and came upstairs. I don't want to sound mean here, but I think it would be best if he were in solitary confinement for the most part.

I went online and checked my student loan application for summer session, and it went through, so I went ahead and got registered for my 2 summer classes, Ethics and College Writing II. The teacher for the writing class is the woman who is teaching the Speech class I'm currently getting a big fat A in. She likes me... hehe.
Honey, if you think I give good speeches, you should read some of my papers... I truly am my brother's sister. I have found that I, too can pull a wonderful paper out of my ass at the last minute. I spent all that time in high school resenting Steven for that ability, turns out I had it too, I just hadn't used it yet.

Time to veg, maybe even nap a bit, hell, we are on Easter vacation here, isn't that what this time is for? Naps?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jesus was in the grave for 3 days resting...yeah I think that's what it's all about.

Your kids crack.me.up!!!