Sunday, April 29

All work and no play

makes Nikky cranky... so we played today.

I got up at 8 (tried to sleep in, but Hailey STARED me awake!), showered and got busy!

I worked on my Computerized Accounting project from 9 to noon, ate a quick lunch, and was back at it until 2:30.

That's when I decided I had had enough! The kids were "BOOORRRREEEEDDD" and getting on my nerves ALMOST as much as Quickbooks, so I called Mom, and took her up on her offer of dinner. The three kids and I packed up and headed out to Mom and Dave's. While Mom and I made supper, the kids twisted Dave's arm (HA! It was like having 4 kids out there!) and got him to get the 'scooter' out. Dave has this 4 wheeler that is just a hoot. He was taking all 3 kids out for a ride through the grove, and Mom and I could hear them screaming (with delight mostly, but a little fear, too) from the far side of the grove all the way into the kitchen!

Dave ended up taking all 3 a couple times, then each kid had 2 individual turns, too! He took them down the road to see the beaver dam, and did some pretty fast cross country cruising. Of course, on that thing, 30 mph seems TOO DAMN FAST!

Mom and I made a fabulous supper, and we all sat out on the deck and ate. What a beautiful day it was, hot sun. cool breeze, just perfect.

We were out there for about 3 hours, then I came home and got right back into the Quickbooks hell that is my life. I worked on it from 6 to (just about 20 minutes ago) 10:30 when I called it a night... or rather, my printer called it a night. I am about to run that damn thing out of ink!

This Quickbooks project is so much printing, invoices, receipts, reports...gawd, it just never ends!

I have a nutso busy week ahead of me, last week of school, so at least one test every day.
I have an appt with my Excel instructor (Marcus) for some help, Tuesday morning.
I have a speech to give Tuesday night, and STILL no 'visual aid' figured out for it... dammit!
I have one last Senate meeting tomorrow, really looking forward to that.

I made appointments for Hailey and Comet at a new vet for Friday at 11:30. I have Psych Friday from 9 to noon, but all we have to do is take a quick last test and we're done, so I shouldn't have any trouble making that. I also made an appointment for Hailey to be spayed in June. I think Comet will wait... maybe get a litter out of her next spring and then have her spayed. She's such a beautiful girl, and she's certainly got the frame for birthing!

JP is online now, so I think I will go talk to him while I can. He's back from his pass now, so the next time he leaves hell, it will be to come home to us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time..especially the 4 wheeler ride!