Tuesday, April 10

The power of persuasion

My last big speech will be a persuasive speech. It must be 6 to 7 minutes long, and we must have a MINIMUM of 6 sources cited. Ugh... Oh well, at least I have my topic picked out already, better than the majority of the class. It's not due for 3 weeks (at our LAST class for the semester) but I think this one is something I will actually have to work on ahead of time.

My topic? Let gays and lesbians get MARRIED, not civilly unionized, MARRIED.

Today was not a bad day, I had a little nightlight sized light bulb go on over my head today in Accounting, with regard to the bonds crap. So I am not stressing there so much. I am all but finished with my Income Tax test, good to go there, and I made giant strides in my Computerized Accounting, too.

Plus, the best news of all... my weight. Now, normally, I would not mention an actual number, because I generally don't like the (high) sound of the actual number. But, here's the thing, I haven't been in this particular 'bracket' in (holy crap I don't remember when) so I will mention it WITH PRIDE. But there is still the part of me that feels it necessary to preface the number with a little *. The asterisk is that, remember kids, I am a pretty tall girl, so if I weighed in at a buck ten soaking wet, I would be anorexic.

I am 5'10".
And today, on the scale, I saw a number in the 150's. Yeah, it was 159, but still. I had been used to seeing myself in the 160's... the HIGH 160's for quite some time now. That just sort of started the day out pretty freakin' great, ya know?

So to celebrate, I had a big bottle of water and a banana! (yeah, and I followed that with a cigarette... shut up! One thing at a time)

Tonight after supper I even sat down and wrote up 3 chapters of notes for Psych... only one left to go and I even got a little start on it. Test is Friday. I do believe this is the earliest I have ever been working on that little chore!

Good day and GOOD NIGHT!

1 comment:

Scott from Oregon said...

Well, I got one hundred pounds on ya...