Thursday, April 26

Cats in the windowsill and pink pearls


It's finally spring, leading into summer. I have opened windows and made Tiny happy.
I don't know that I've mentioned Tiny too much... she is a fat, cranky tabby who likes to bite. I love her dearly. She dearly loves my bedroom window... when it's open.

When it's closed, the sill is too narrow for her lard ass to sit on. The weather has finally allowed me to open the windows and she has planted her substantial bum up there ever since I opened it shortly after 3 this afternoon.

I did a great thing today, felt really good. I went in to school early, finished typing up the Student Senate minutes and agenda FOR THE LAST TIME... When I was done, I hunted down Eric, the faculty advisor, and handed in my key to the Senate office. I don't need to get back in there anymore. Ones less thing, ya know?

My laptop was screwed up the last 24 hours, I took it to the Geek Team at the school this afternoon. I don't know what I'm going to do over the summer if something happens, the Geek Team isn't there over the summer.

Worst thing about it all was that JP was online, on his 4 day pass and I wasn't around to talk to him... until today.

Our 14th Wedding Anniversary is May 8th. JP bought me the best gift ever. (Yes, Flat, better than the iPod!) He will be mailing it out to me shortly, but I was able to get him to tell me what it was... hehe.

Pearls. Pink pearls. A necklace, bracelet and earrings.

I love pearls, I always have. I find the "normal" white and off-white ones to be a bit...dull? I like the black/dark grey ones, but I really love the pink ones.

Thing is, I don't' think I've ever told JP that... about the pink. He knows I love pearls...but for him to pick the pink ones for me. It's just perfect and sweet and wonderful.

Tomorrow is Psych class until noon, then Mom and I are going to Fargo on a dog food and cigarette run, along with a pit stop at Red Lobster. It's been too long and I do so love my Red Lobster.

Next week, that's it. I will be halfway done with my college degree. Actually more than half. My degree requires 72 credits, and I will have 40 done with next week. Over the summer I will knock off 6 more.

Well, I will spend all 3 hours in Psych tomorrow taking notes, so I need to get to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's sweet!!! It's also sweet he went ahead and told you...even tho I like surprises. You have something to look forward to. Maybe you will post a pic with your new pink pearls!!!

Nikky said...

I will have to post a pic, yes. I do like surprises, but... only if I don't know about it...does that make any sense? If he hadn't said "I got your anniversary present today" and just mailed them out, I'd have been thrilled. But if I know it exists, I MUST know what it is...patience is not a virtue I possess.