Thursday, April 19

Ear Wax, et al

Flat Coke and Flies tagged me for this meme, and it's appropriate... not much going on in my life right now, and there are certainly days that I have NOTHING to 'report'

So the question is WHY DO I BLOG? I'm supposed to give 5 reasons...

1. Read my profile, main reason: Hubby is in hell, and I use this to keep him posted on what we're up to around here.

2. That was the original reason, the reason I STARTED blogging, but then I sort of got hooked on it. I have always written, diaries, stories, etc, and it feels wrong NOT to write.

3. I have met and read some really interesting and provocative people since starting my blog, so it may be an after affect, but it keeps me blogging... reading the lives of others.

4. I feel like I'm too old for myspace, in fact, I THOUGHT I was too old and too boring for blogging... I have since gotten over that. But myspace is still just not for me.

5. I like having these chronicles to go back over, read where I was a year ago, how I felt and what I was going through.

Now, I have to finish packing and get to sleep (not in MY bed either, the in-laws are here) I'm leaving here in the morning and I will be dragging a bunch of homework along for the weekend. I have a take-home accounting test, an income tax test, a speech outline to write, and Excel homework to do. Shitty thing is that I will need to print stuff out for Excel, and I'm guessing the resort we're staying at does not offer that.

The last Student Senate General Assembly we went to (last fall) was full of drinking and fun. This one will not be. With the year winding down, I have a ton of stuff to finish up. No time for being hung over!

Time for Dave and Craig, then it's off to bed. Hopefully I will be able to post during my (loooong) senate meetings, but I'm not planning on it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a fun weekend girl...it doesn't sound very exciting with the words Senate and Meetings in there but make the best of it. See you next week.

PS You aren't too old for anything!!!

Steff said...

It's always exciting around here...I'm having a jewelry party today and the air conditioning decided to quit. Did I mention that summer is approaching in this fair state of Texas? Always something to keep me on my toes!

And I totally agree with you...it does feel wrong to NOT write. Sometimes I think the only thing worth reporting is so boring that no one would want to read it. But, it helps to have faithful readers like you stopping by and checking stuff out...even the boring stuff!