Friday, April 27

Good Friday

It was a good day.
I got 3 chapters of notes taken in just over 2 hours, slight cramping in my left hand, but it didn't last long. We got out of Psych about 20 minutes early, ran home dumped stuff off and grabbed other stuff and headed to Mom's.
Grabbed her and we headed to Fargo.
Smoke shop, Petco (where the pets go) (Every time I say "Petco" I am required to say "where the pets go" because it just goes together).

Petco was tough. I called them last week to see if we could exchange one kind of dog food for another. I had a full, unopened bag of Zoey's food in my pantry. Mom had me grab it and bring it along so she could exchange it for the kind she gives Kate. (Kate gets "sensitive skin" formula, Zoey was on "weight management" formula) She had to explain to the cashier why she needed to exchange the bag... it was not the bag's fault, and no, she had not purchased the wrong kind. The dog for whom the food was purchased has since passed away and none of our other dogs eat that formula. She was starting to cry...
It's still really hard. I don't think people reading this truly understand how big Zoey was in all of our lives. She was around before 2 out of 3 of my kids. She was always there with a snide remark, a loving look, a paw of sympathy and a smile. Zoey's smile...my god, she really had a beautiful smile. Her eyes just lit up when she saw my Mom, too. She was hopelessly devoted to Mom. Funny thing is, I'm pretty sure the feeling was mutual. Zoey had the most wonderfully developed sense of sarcasm I have ever seen in a dog. You knew what she would say if she could, just by the look on her face. I always imagined she would sound like the attitude of words of Roseanne Barr in Lynn Redgrave's voice. Such a lady, but a lady who not only knew her place, but knew YOURS as well. And if you were unsure, she was more than happy to help put you in your place. It's been just over 3 months since she left us, and sometimes it feels like it was yesterday.

So, the trip to Petco (where the pets go) was a bit melancholy... we went to drown our sorrows at Red Lobster. Nothing like hot drawn butter to melt away your tears.

After that we went to Target, because even though we didn't really have anything specific we needed there, a trip to Fargo is not complete without a stop at Target. Last weekend at GA, I borrowed my earphones from my iPod to April. She left them sit on the table when we went to lunch. They were gone when we got back. I was so pissed, she didn't apologize or anything. I doubt very much that she even thinks she is at fault. Her only comment was "I guess that's the risk we took, leaving them out" UM, NO BITCH, you borrowed them, you left them out! You should have either put them away or given them back, it was YOUR responsibility to take care of something you borrowed from someone else!! (OK, done ranting now)

SO... I bought new ones, and as much as I hate confrontation, I am tempted to ask her to pitch in (read: pay me for the entire cost, but I'll take what I can get) since they were in "her care" when they were stolen.

If they were $10 or so, this would so not be an issue. They were $29.99!

After Target we did a bit more goofing around town, it was just nice and we decided to make a habit of it. It'll be harder after the kids are out of school, but we just have too much fun together to not do this more often.

It's movie night here. I went a little nuts and bought a few over the last few days. I got
Night at the Museum
Smoking Aces
and
The Terminal ( it's an older one, with Tom Hanks, got it out of the $5.50 bin at Walmart)

I also ordered a few from my Columbia House thing. Now I am done with the "purchase this many more in this much time" so I can cancel my membership any time now. I'll wait about 6 months, then go back to them. The only good deal is the start up one. Otherwise you can always get them cheaper at the store.
I ordered 3 from them
The Blood Diamond
You, Me & Dupree
The Pursuit of Happyness

Now, if anyone has seen any of these titles, it's ok to tell me "this one is good" or "this one sucks" but don't be a spoiler... I hate that.
Time to go...
JP, I love you honey, I miss talking to you...

2 comments:

Scott from Oregon said...

You bite your tongue better than I. I'd be howling about the money until that B-word coughed up some responsibility.

Anonymous said...

I would have been pissed about the iPod ear phones too, although Bat says his don't fit and doesn't like his, but he's got funky ears and that's a whole separate issue.

She should at least say "I'm Sorry". That might have made the $30 a little easier to spend.